Page 14 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    That is a wonderful collection, Mike! I love the basement.

And I thought I had a nice collection. Mine does not compare to some of yours. I must get busy at ebay!

I also registered at Tim's site and never won anything. Figures as usual!

Thanks Brooke. I used to have everything individually photographed and displayed on a website...but that website "went down" and was never restored. I lost a lot of images when that happened.

I really need to scan off of the items that are on the walls that are small enough for me to scan on my 8.5x11 scanner bed. Some of those were scanned in sections and then pasted together. The scans are a terrible mess to put back together "mosaic form" into one image, but it is usually worth the effort. The scans show so much more detail than a photograph.

However, some of the things, like the Rolling Stone spread, is on such old paper it might as well be papyrus! I really hesitate to remove things like that from their frames. I'm afraid I'll damage them.

But I do need to do "something" to get images of those things.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Hey Mike, what a nice way to decorate a basement! Nice job showing us all of your 'billia'. I'm also enjoying reading your posts in the other forems.

PM,

Thanks for the flowers. I'm just an old Fart with an attitude and an obsession <LOL>

Once I get past the "Freckle Counting" I'm enjoying the forum a LOT! But you guys go ahead and count all the Freckles you wish. I'll jump in every now and again to mention transistors and string guages.
    Last edited by MikeA; 10-02-2008 at 11:57 AM.

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

heheehhe freckle counters

one... two.. OOO .. three...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Mike - Thanks for sharing this. That is a wonderful collection, and you have it beautifully displayed in your basement.

That Performance Rider is very cool. I have a Party of Two Tour Itinerary Book that I need to scan one day. BTW - one of my biggest regrets (next to never seeing an HFO show) is that I have never seen a Party of Two show. Even though the HFO thing will never happen for me, I am still hanging on to a thin hope that I will be able to see a Party of Two performance. The problem is that almost all of them now are private, corporate events.

Now, if you all will excuse me, I've got some freckle-counting to do!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Here are some of the things I transcribed from the Rider. Mine is in two parts (Performance 32 pgs and Technical-30 pgs) and is well over 60 pages long with diagrams as an apendix. I won't be scanning all that legalese in <LOL> But, there are some very interesting parts. Some you would think would be "understood" but they are there. Even down to the number of garbage cans and number of liners for the BACKSTAGE area!

They leave no stone unturned in these Performance Riders (32 pages). Unbelievably detailed. Obviously, they have to be for legal reasons. In reading this, I can sure see why Joe was glad to unload that responsibility and turn it over to the well oiled managerial machine the Eagles LTD had in place!

Yet the "No Alcohol" clause was very clear and to the point unlike anything else in the rider that I've seen other than the section headers, that clause is in capital letters:

THERE SHALL BE NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND ANYWHERE IN THE BACKSTAGE AREA, INCLUDING THE HOSPITALITY ROOMS.

The Technical Rider (30 pages) contains all of the details for eveything from OMP (this is the ABREV meaning an outdoor, multi-purpose venue as opposed to a permanent stage in a theater) power requirements to the Medical requirements and Snow Removal and Garbage to the Food menus!

One of those requirements specifies the description of the Hospitality Rooms.

ONE (1) large room with bathroom, for hospitality room to accommodate thirty (30) people, etc......

That is probably what Nancy ran into that didn't stop Deb from getting in at the Chicago show. I remember those rooms and they were small!

There is a detailed list of items for each meal, but each one has a theme depending on the day:

Monday - Mexican specialities night
    Tuesday - Local specialities night (with approval of Production Manager.)
    Wednesday - Chicken and Meatloaf night
    Thursday - Stir Fry Night
    Friday - Steak Night
    Saturday - Itailian Night
    Sunday - Roadt Turkey Night

Now, for the stage drinks:

Glenn Frey -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). Hot Tea
    Don Henley -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (room temperature). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (room temperature)
    Don Felder -- two (2) liter bottles spring ater (cold)
    Joe Walsh -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 10oz bottles cranberry juice
    Timothy B. Schmit -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) liter bottle sparkling mineral water (unflavored)
    John Coury -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 12oz diet Coca-Cola
    Timothy Drury -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 12oz Canada Dry Ginger Ale
    Scott Crago --
    Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 12oz Canada Dry Ginger Ale
    Al Garth -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold)

NOTE: ARTIST AND ARTIST'S PERSONNEL NEVER SEEM TO HAVE ENOUGH ICE THROUGHOUT THE PERFORMANCE DAY, SO PROMOTER SHALL HAVE PLENTY ON HAND AND MORE ON STANDBY!

That's enough for now.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

Wow Mike, that is an awesome collection of memorabilia which is beautifully displayed! Thanks for the rider information too.

I do have the Live Poster that you can see in Mike's basement framed, but it's in our garage.

I've added a few pics to an album here that I haven't seen on the site. They could be there though. I haven't been able to look at all the millions of photos that Soda has accumulated. I guess you can get to them through my public profile. Not sure of that either.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Now this I would LOVE to have but the price is a little steep for me right now. That money is Senior pictures or announcements or gas bill or groceries.... I will be watching it and debating of course tho.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

tbf - That is a very cool pic, but I have known Tim to send fans autographed pictures when they wrote to him. I don't know if he always does it, but it would certainly be worth a shot.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Here are some of the things I transcribed from the Rider. Mine is in two parts (Performance 32 pgs and Technical-30 pgs) and is well over 60 pages long with diagrams as an apendix. I won't be scanning all that legalese in <LOL> But, there are some very interesting parts. Some you would think would be "understood" but they are there. Even down to the number of garbage cans and number of liners for the BACKSTAGE area!

They leave no stone unturned in these Performance Riders (32 pages). Unbelievably detailed. Obviously, they have to be for legal reasons. In reading this, I can sure see why Joe was glad to unload that responsibility and turn it over to the well oiled managerial machine the Eagles LTD had in place!

Yet the "No Alcohol" clause was very clear and to the point unlike anything else in the rider that I've seen other than the section headers, that clause is in capital letters:

THERE SHALL BE NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND ANYWHERE IN THE BACKSTAGE AREA, INCLUDING THE HOSPITALITY ROOMS.

The Technical Rider (30 pages) contains all of the details for eveything from OMP (this is the ABREV meaning an outdoor, multi-purpose venue as opposed to a permanent stage in a theater) power requirements to the Medical requirements and Snow Removal and Garbage to the Food menus!

One of those requirements specifies the description of the Hospitality Rooms.

ONE (1) large room with bathroom, for hospitality room to accommodate thirty (30) people, etc......

That is probably what Nancy ran into that didn't stop Deb from getting in at the Chicago show. I remember those rooms and they were small!

There is a detailed list of items for each meal, but each one has a theme depending on the day:

Monday - Mexican specialities night
    Tuesday - Local specialities night (with approval of Production Manager.)
    Wednesday - Chicken and Meatloaf night
    Thursday - Stir Fry Night
    Friday - Steak Night
    Saturday - Itailian Night
    Sunday - Roadt Turkey Night

Now, for the stage drinks:

Glenn Frey -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). Hot Tea
    Don Henley -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (room temperature). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (room temperature)
    Don Felder -- two (2) liter bottles spring ater (cold)
    Joe Walsh -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 10oz bottles cranberry juice
    Timothy B. Schmit -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) liter bottle sparkling mineral water (unflavored)
    John Coury -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 12oz diet Coca-Cola
    Timothy Drury -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 12oz Canada Dry Ginger Ale
    Scott Crago -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold). Four (4) 12oz Canada Dry Ginger Ale
    Al Garth -- Two (2) liter bottles spring water (cold). One (1) 16oz bottle green Gatorade (cold)

NOTE: ARTIST AND ARTIST'S PERSONNEL NEVER SEEM TO HAVE ENOUGH ICE THROUGHOUT THE PERFORMANCE DAY, SO PROMOTER SHALL HAVE PLENTY ON HAND AND MORE ON STANDBY!

That's enough for now.

Intresting read Mike, thanks!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..