Page 16 of 142 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

Mike - That media info document is a hoot. Thanks again for sharing it with us. And again, kudos to you and your wife on that basement - such a lovely place!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Mike - That media info document is a hoot. Thanks again for sharing it with us. And again, kudos to you and your wife on that basement - such a lovely place!

Such a lovely face!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Dear Timothy,

I am your biggest fan. I belong to this message board where we all post pictures of you and then drool and make comments about them. I went all the way to Chicago just to see you. If I weren't married with a family I would be stalking you. Please send me an autographed picture so that I can plant wet kisses all over it.

Your friend,
    Wille

P.S.
    Please ask Joe to send my friend Cathy something also
    PM--You have a way with words!!! By the time I add all the P.S.'s, it will be a 3 page letter and Timmy will forget what I asked for originally. Thanks for trying to help. I'm just a great big chicken but I might have to take Dreamer's advice and give it a try one of these days or ask Julie as Mrs Henley suggest. I know I could impersonate my daughter and tell him I'm 16 and a big fan or better yet get someone else to do it!

Mike--I sure hope you keep posting this stuff. It is fantastic and so fun to see and read new stuff not seen before. Thanks my friend!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Now this I would LOVE to have but the price is a little steep for me right now. That money is Senior pictures or announcements or gas bill or groceries.... I will be watching it and debating of course tho.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us
    Yeah, I saw it too nad woujld be very tempted to get it for Laura for Christmas, but I can see TBF's point! A little steep. I just hope someone here manages to get it, or at least a true fan.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well Mike, I haven't been on for a few days and I must say I really enjoyed looking at your fantastic collection of 'Eagles Stuff' Well done to you and your wife for your dedication. My other half is reasonably tolerant when it comes to displaying Eagles memorabilia in the house. Now I have to get him going on Glenn
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Now I have to get him going on Glenn

GAN,

It would take a guy pretty secure in his manhood to "get going" on Glenn <LOL> I appreciate both Glenn and Don and Tim as musicians, but I have a different way of relating to Walsh. Joe is an admitted geek as well as one of the top half dozen guitarist of all time IN MY OPINION (Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Hendrix and maybe Buddy Guy and Eric Clapton rounding out my list of the best). I'm not a great guitarist at all but sure am infatuated with those who are! But I am a geek. I've been tearing things up and putting them back together all my life and have gotten into way too many geeky things to list...astronomy and telescope building and computers from the early days to name a couple. I relate to Joe on that level in addition to his mastery of the guitar!

But I do understand the infatuations of you ladies with the others in the band if I look at it a little differently. I'm infatuated with Shania Twain myself, although I can't tolerate country music <LOL>. As for female rockers, well, the list isn't that huge. I've always been in love with Stevie Nicks's voice and also with the Wilson sisters ("Heart"). Oh, and Bonnie Raitt and Janis Joplin....though with them it is more an awe of their uncanny musical abilities.
    Last edited by MikeA; 10-05-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Seplling again

MikeA

Mike! You weren't in College with me by any chance were you . I was into ..... Music, Astronomy, and did a bit of computers!! And I'm not a great guitar player either! Tho I DID see 'Heart' in concert in 1990!

Joe is indeed one of the greatest guitar players in the world, there is no denying that. But I can only be infatuated with one person at a time (Call it a defect if you like!) And right now that person is Glenn . And I imagine will be for the forseeable future.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Did ya'll see this??
    Hotel California GOLD RECORD

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Did ya'll see this??
    Hotel California GOLD RECORD

Before I spent $408.00 on that, I'd have to have some assurance that it was not a "replica". Somehow, I'm not convinced from the auction statements.

Why? Well, why would anyone associated with the Eagles be willing to part with such and award? Maybe they do but I have a hard time believing it.

I've heard of RECORD PLANT STUDIOS but the significance of them in relation to the Eagles escapes me right now. But I looked it up:

From Wkipedia

The first album recorded at the Record Plant in New York was Electric Ladyland by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, released in 1968. Through the years, hundreds of albums were first cut there (Hotel California by the Eagles, Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, Songs in the Key of Life by Stevie Wonder, etc.). During the 1970s, house engineers Shelly Yakus and Roy Cicala also gave many local bands their start by donating session time and materials to upcoming artists, engineering and producing their demo tapes. This was part of the Record Plant's successful marketing plan which led to its as having recorded nearly 10% of the top 100 albums on the Billboard charts.

I wonder if these recording studios receive multiple "awards". You know, maybe a couple (or more) of them for display? It may very well be authentic.
    Last edited by MikeA; 10-08-2008 at 12:40 PM.

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Before I spent $408.00 on that, I'd have to have some assurance that it was not a "replica". Somehow, I'm not convinced from the auction statements.

Why? Well, why would anyone associated with the Eagles be willing to part with such and award? Maybe they do but I have a hard time believing it.

I've heard of RECORD PLANT STUDIOS but the significance of them in relation to the Eagles escapes me right now.
    I was wondering that myself Mike, I looked at their website and they claim to have association with Hotel California and The Eagles back in the '70s but why would they give up the gold record? I was going to email them and ask then that myself.
    I suppose it could have been stolen or replaced over the years, but then people have been known to sell their Oscars so who knows??