Page 17 of 142 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

Well - I'll put my two cents worth in here. I would bet good money that this is indeed a replica. I actually own something very similar to it. When I visited the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in 2005, I bought a replica of the RIAA Gold Certification Award for The Beatles Abbey Road album. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything for the Eagles that day, however, there are always vendors there selling similar items. Mine is actually very attractive, and is an exact replica, but I think this item on ebay is WAY overpriced unless it truly is an original. Frankly, I would expect an original to sell for a lot more. Mine is a bit smaller (16 x 20 before framing), but the actual gold record replica is the exact same size as an LP record. I don't remember exactly what I paid for mine, and I did barter the price, but this ebay item is priced at least three times more than what I paid.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Some of Hotel California was recorded at The Record Plant.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    tbf - I know exactly how you feel, and I think this is a very personal thing. I felt the same way as you, but then after Glenn was so sweet to us in Niagara Falls, I felt compelled to write him. It was actually more of a thank you letter than a regular fan letter, but I did tell him how much I admired him and his music. I actually felt totally comfortable writing it, and was thrilled when he thanked us all for "putting pen to paper" at Pebble Beach this year. This made me think that the guys really do appreciate letters from fans that are sincere and written from the heart.

Of course, another option may be to go through Julie as MH suggests.

OK Dreamer--I have to admit, after watching that signed photo on ebay reach over $120.00, I have been considering your idea. I don't even really care if I get a picture or not, but I am more compelled to let him know just how much it meant to me to finally see him and the other guys a couple of weeks ago after so many years as a fan. As everyone else knows, the feeling of happiness after their concerts stays with you for a very long time and after attending many many concerts in my life, I can honestly say I have never enjoyed one or felt the same way a couple weeks later as I do since seeing The Eagles. So I think this afternoon, I will set down with pen and paper (not laptop and printer) and give it a shot. I suppose I will find an address to send it to on his website. And just in case, I might also try emailing Julie as MH suggested and see what comes of that. What the h*ll---at 45, it's never to late to make a fool of yourself right?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Seriously, Willie, I think that's a great idea. Not only does it give you an opportunity to put your feelings down on paper, but your letter will give Timothy a lift and let him know that what he does is appreciated. I suggest that you personalize your letter by briefly explaining how many times you were set to go to an Eagles concert and why it didn't work out.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Go for it, tbf - put that pen to paper. I'm sure it will mean a lot to Timothy and I don't think you'll regret it. BTW - Julie may have another address, but if not, you can always send it to the Eagles address that Soda has on all of the online sites. Good luck!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I dont know about Tim or the other guys, but I used to collect autographed pictures of movie stars and tv stars and they were always very receptive to sending pictures, especially if you send a picture AND a pen (dont expect to get the pen back) Otherwise, a lot of the time you'd get whats called an autosign. Thats where a machine is used, usually by a lacky, to make a lot of signed pictures using one signature and copying it. I used to ask that it be signed specifically to me (that way the star knew it wouldnt immediately put on Ebay) and they were usually VERY obliging. It's kind of risky because you do risk loosing your picture if their "handlers" arent attentive to the fans, but I cant imagine with Tim that it'd be ignored. He seems to be pretty terrific to his fans. Good Luck!!

Thanks for the encouraging words from you more experienced fan letter writers. I finished it and it is stuffed in an envelope-I have it addressed to Timothy c/o the Glendon address on eaglesonlinecentral.com which I am assuming is the best address to send it to. If anyone knows of a better one-please let me know before I chicken out. I must say it came pretty easy once I finally got it started.

Can I also say how funny I think it is that the address for the Eagles is on Glendon Avenue!

Good luck, TBF, and let us know the minute you hear anything!
    ~ Cathy ~

I've got to tell you what happened this morning. My niece (the one that got our Farewell tickets when we couldn't attend) went back to work on Monday after a 3 month maternity leave and I had agreed to watch the baby when she went back (a real hardship). Anyways she showed up this morning and told me that I have made this transition of working mother so easy for her that she wanted to give me something that she knew would mean a lot to me in appreciation. Guess what it was:

She and her sister were always big Joe Walsh fans and they had gone to the House Of Blues in Chicago years ago and waited in line for hours to be first in line, had gotten front and center and had actually gotten to meet him and all. Anyways, long story short, she says she knows how much I have always loved the Eagles, appreciated the tickets for the Farewell concert years ago, knew these last couple of years have been hard for me with all the hardships of losing so many in our lives and how I have credited their music for helping me thru it and knew I would appreciate this more than anyone else she knows and said she has just had it put away for years and knew I would give it a good home. She reduced me to tears and before she left we were both crying. I promised her I will have it framed and hung somewhere. She said she figured it would go with the rest of the Eagles stuff we have displayed in our bedroom.

Wow --I sure didn't expect this on a typical Friday morning. What a way to start the weekend.

WOW TBF, that's so nice of your niece! I knew you'd be crying even before I read that part of your post! What a great piece of memorabilia and a wonderful way to get it! I'm sure you'll think of her every time you look at it.

Have fun with the baby!
    ~ Cathy ~