Page 18 of 142 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

That is just WAY TOO COOL TBF. All of it. The whole story! Don't know what's wrong with my eyes. Must have gotten something in them.

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I've got to tell you what happened this morning. My niece (the one that got our Farewell tickets when we couldn't attend) went back to work on Monday after a 3 month maternity leave and I had agreed to watch the baby when she went back (a real hardship). Anyways she showed up this morning and told me that I have made this transition of working mother so easy for her that she wanted to give me something that she knew would mean a lot to me in appreciation. Guess what it was:

She and her sister were always big Joe Walsh fans and they had gone to the House Of Blues in Chicago years ago and waited in line for hours to be first in line, had gotten front and center and had actually gotten to meet him and all. Anyways, long story short, she says she knows how much I have always loved the Eagles, appreciated the tickets for the Farewell concert years ago, knew these last couple of years have been hard for me with all the hardships of losing so many in our lives and how I have credited their music for helping me thru it and knew I would appreciate this more than anyone else she knows and said she has just had it put away for years and knew I would give it a good home. She reduced me to tears and before she left we were both crying. I promised her I will have it framed and hung somewhere. She said she figured it would go with the rest of the Eagles stuff we have displayed in our bedroom.

Wow --I sure didn't expect this on a typical Friday morning. What a way to start the weekend.

That is VERY Cool Willie!! What a wonderful surprise! AND you get to play with the baby too!! *G* Lucky Lucky girl!! *G*

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

TBF, that is just so cool! How nice of your niece! What a great way to start the day! You must get it framed and displayed ASAP!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm running out of room on my wall to display my Eagle shrine, so I am gonna have a binder full of Eagles Pics.

Willie, that is such a wonderful gift from your niece! It will look beautiful framed. Good luck with your letter to Timothy as well. I wrote to Glenn a long time ago, hoping he'd sign a cd insert for me, but I never heard any more.
    Can I also say how funny I think it is that the address for the Eagles is on Glendon Avenue!
    Even better, GlenDon Avenue!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

gef-isn't it funny that i never even realized that--duh!! That's great!!! It could only be better if it was GlenDonTimJoe Avenue.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have been a happy girly today after my niece did that. It really makes you feel good when someone expresses their appreciation in such a way. You know you are doing something right. And to top it off, my husband just got home awhile ago with a big bouquet of fall flowers for me. I have apparently been a very good girl this week!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

It could only be better if it was GlenDonTimJoe Avenue.
    The entire Border community would be house-hunting there in a flash!

Glad you had a good day, TBF. Any chance I could borrow your hubby for a week or two?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That's great TBF Let us know if you hear from Tim.

And to top it off, my husband just got home awhile ago with a big bouquet of fall flowers for me. I have apparently been a very good girl this week!
    Ya know, Willie, I knew I liked your husband the moment I met him! What a nice guy!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well Willie you are a wonderful person and you deserved that poster so much. Isn't it lovely how some people just know the right gift to give as an appreciation. I hope you have a great time playing with the baby as well. Enjoy!! Hope you have a great weekend!

I must admit I recognised the 'Glendon' Avenue bit straight away. I have never written to Glenn but with his 40th (!) birthday coming up I am very tempted to do so for it.

(I am right, aren't I, he WILL be 40? )
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP