Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moncton, NB, Canada 08-02-08

Default Moncton, NB, Canada 08-02-08

Hi everyone. Sorry I am so late posting but I didn't get home until 4:00AM after a 3 hr wait in line to get the shuttle from the concert site to our car & then a 2 hour drive home . I'll be brief here & post a full review later today or tomorrow.

Despite the above , the concert was worth EVERY penny & inconvenience. You guys were right I was in heaven for every second that they were on the stage. The word FANTASTIC does not come close to describing their performance!!! They were really up for the show, especially Glenn (to my obvious delight)! My only disappointment with the show itself - it was tooooooo short I was afraid that we would get a shortened version as this was a Festival, but they did play for 2 hours without a break. The only LROOE song that they did was How Long, but as far as I can remember they did all the rest of the current concert set . I'll have to look at their regular tour set list to compare.

I must go drool over my program some more & have another nap (or listen to some Eagles music ). Stay tuned for my impressions & details later. I'll try to go through the concert song by song. Glad I have such devoted fellow fans to share this experience with. .

By the way - Eagles , and after last night - Glenn Frey, I you even more!!!!!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow GL - thanks for getting back to us. I take it from your post that you liked the show.

You may have gotten the same set list that they did in Myrtle Beach since it seems to have been a shorter show. Well, rest up and come back with more details when you get a chance. Look forward to hearing more.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like you had a great night GL! I'm glad too that Glenn had such a great effect on you! It really takes a while to get over these. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Oh and welcome to the Border as well!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GL, I'm so glad that everything lived up to expectations and that you had such a good time. I'm really looking forward to your review, when you've recovered!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, Gl, thanks for the bits & pieces and can't wait to hear 'the rest of the story'!

Welcome to The Border, too! Glad you found us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hi Everyone. I don't have much time tonight but & I didn't think I could get into this part of the site earlier in the week. However, I will start my review of the Moncton show.

The crews started setting up for the Eagles after John Fogarty finished his set, around 8:30. He was very good. Did a lot of old CCR stuff. You could sense the anticipation in the crowd as the crew was nearing completion. By 9:00 darkness had set in. There was a bit of mist in the air which created a bit of a mysterious aura. The stage went dark all of a sudden & the crowd roared. As the 1st notes of How Long started the crowd went wild. The lights came up & there they were! I could hardly believe that this was the Eagles actually there in person before my eyes. HL was great. Take It To the Limit followed. It was at this point that my fear that we would get the "Festival Set" was realized, but it did not dampen my enthusiasm.

The lights went out after every song while they changed their instruments & positions on stage as necessary. Suddenly, booming out of the darkness after TITTL we heard a very sexy voice say "Good Evening". More cheering. It was Glenn of course . The lights came up & he said "We are the Eagles & we are delighted to be here in the largest city in New Brunswick! He put huge emphasis on "delighted". The concert promoter had joked earlier when introducing another act that the concert site was officially the "largest city" on Saturday (over 55,000 in attendance). Glenn went on to say that they had never been in this part of the country before & that the scenery was beautiful. He continued saying "We'll cut the chatter so we can play as many songs as possible for you tonight".

As the trumpet intro to Hotel California started the crowd again went wild. They sang along to every song. All were performed with perfection. I was too enthralled to remember the exact order of the set list between this time & the encores so in my next post I will list the songs in the order as near as I can recall & elaborate on the highlights. They rocked through the entire concert. I don't think any one song was better than another.

Oh, before I sign off for now - in case you were wondering they did wear the suits. I like them but I would like to see them in jeans as well.

Till next time (hopefully tomorrow). I'm still flying high. Eagles

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks GlennLover -Great review and looking forward to hearing more. Glad you had such a great time and enjoy riding the "high" from it for awhile.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks GlennLover! Indeed a great review! Glad you enjoyed the concert!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

GL, that was a wonderful review, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next instalment! I'm with you on the suits - they look wonderful, but I think they and the audience would chill out even more if they relaxed into their jeans and shirts for the second half.

As that for that sexy voice, here it is again introducing the band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpHe0K409ko

There are a few more links to tracks from that evening linked, including this version of HC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBG3ZTvSxuY

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    As that for that sexy voice, here it is again introducing the band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpHe0K409ko
    Oh GEF, I could listen to that sexy voice all night!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP