Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moncton, NB, Canada 08-02-08

Finally, Moncton concert review Part 2. Sorry I am so late in getting this done. Usually I was on the computer every night reading the new Border posts but since I joined it seems something keeps coming up to prevent me from logging on . Anyway, better late than never.

You have probably read most of the set list from the reviews & as I wouldn't take my eyes off the stage for a second to make note of the order of the songs, I'll just report on the special moments that I remember. All songs were flawlessly performed!

I must comment on the hair. Joe's is getting quite long. Don's looked the same as it has for awhile, a bit reddish & quite short. Timothy's was quite kinky & a bit fuzzy. It may have been from the dampness. Glenn's started out very neat but the damp air was obviously making it wavier as the night progressed . Very HS&G.

-When Glenn & Joe did their "dueling guitars" bit & Glenn (pretended that he) couldn't duplicate Joe's last riff, he threw his hands in the air, waving them around & he was shaking his head, all with great exaggeration. Much more reaction than I had seen in previous clips of this.

-When Don came out to sing "The Long Run" he said "How are you all doing? Sing along with this one, it has become our theme song", as usual.

-During "Life's been Good" when Joe sang "They send me letters, tell me Glenn's great", Glenn shrugged his shoulders, again in a very exaggerated fashion. He seemed to be really feeding off the crowd's enthusiasm.

After Joe sang "I have a limo, ride in the back. I lock the doors and -", you could tell that he was searching for some new & clever words, but when nothing came to him he blurted out "ride in the back" & sort of laughed at himself & gave an "oh well, I tried" gesture.

-I loved it when Glenn introduced Don as his "friend since 1971". So did the crowd. (See YouTube clip that was posted earlier by Glenneaglesfan).

-Joe really reved up the crowd with his performances of his solo songs.

-Glenn danced twice on ASWTDID & the crowd cheered

-There was only one encore but they did the usual 4 songs:

Rocky Mountain Way & ASWTDID. Glenn then asked "Do you want to hear a couple more?" Loud applause from audience followed & they played - what else but my alltime favourite song - Take It Easy. Glenn cupped his hand behind his ear, as if to listen to the crowd, as an invitation for us to sing along. The crowd was singing every song that they played anyway

I am posting this as I am afraid I will loose it. I will continue with the conclusion in next post ASAP.

Part 2 con't

We then heard the opening chords of Desperado & as Don sang, this crowd of all ages, I'm sure, felt the magic of not just that song, but of the entire performance. We all knew that this was a night to remember & that we had been treated to a superb performance by one of the greatest bands of all time (The greatest band as far as we are concerned, right?)

After Desperado the band spent a long time on stage, walking back & forth & waving. There was a closeup of Glenn on the screens for quite some time as he bid us adieu saying "We wish you luck. Drive home careful". He mouthed thank you over & over & waved & waved. He seemed to be almost overwhelmed & it may have been just my imagination as a devoted Glenn Lover, but he looked to me like he was near tears. All four of them seemed to be moved by the love & respect that the crowd was sending them.

Just before they left the stage, Glenn walked over to Joe, who was the closest to him, & put his arm around his shoulders & hugged him. (It is so obvious that these guys can't stand each other )

Timothy was the last to leave the stage. He was paying particular attention to the fans nearest the side of the stage where he had stood most of the night. As he started to walk off he turned back, stopped, took off his tie, walked to that same side of the stage & threw the tie into the audience as a show of appreciation. What a nice guy!

As a side note, I was sitting in the stadium seating (bleechers), that was set up perpendicular to each side of the stage, with the rest of the Baby Boomers. These were the VIP seats as we needed to sit. There was no other seating. Everyone else had to stand or sit on the grass/mud. One of the girls that I work with, who is a lot younger than me & who sat on the grass between the bleechers, said that it was so neat to look up at the patrons in the bleechers & watch everybody in both of these stadium sections swaying & bopping in unison to the music. How could we not? Their music does that to you.

All in all - a night that I will never forget what a wonderful & uplifting experience.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

OHHH-If only I could be so lucky to be the one to catch Timmy's tie if he ever tosses one my way! :P
    He sings it high, he plays it low

[quote="GlennLover"]Part 2 con't

We all knew that this was a night to remember & that we had been treated to a superb performance by one of the greatest bands of all time

Well said, GL. That's the magic of going to a concert of your favorite artists. I'm still waiting for the magic with the Eagles (Sept. 24), but being a big Beatles fan also I can relate, as that's the way I felt when I saw Paul McCartney live. After I saw Paul I said the only other concert I need to go to before I die is The Eagles. Now I'm getting my chance and I can't wait!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid
    That's the magic of going to a concert of your favorite artists. I'm still waiting for the magic with the Eagles (Sept. 24), After I saw Paul I said the only other concert I need to go to before I die is The Eagles. Now I'm getting my chance and I can't wait!
    Well stated Prettymaid--I have been saying that for years, and I also will get the chance on Sept 24th. If my old heart can't take it, at least I will die with a great big smile on my face!! :P :P :P :P
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wonderful follow up reviews there, GL! I felt like I was there!

And it's making me anxious for Sept. 20 when I will get my turn to see this tour.

Btw, TIE is also my alltime favorite song! It just makes you feel good, doesn't it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the second part of the review, GL - it was a great read. I am really so thrilled for those of you who are seeing the guys live for the first time. I can remember my first live Eagles concert and it was such an awesome experience. I know all of you will have a blast. Actually, even if it isn't your first Eagles concert, it will still be an awesome experience and you will have a blast.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great review GL! Seems that the lads were having a great time and enjoyed feeding off the crowd's enthusiasm. I can't wait to see them again. They truly ARE the greatest band in the world!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks everyone.

Brooke, TIE really does make me feel GREAT every time I hear it & this happened from the time it was 1st released & I had no clue who the Eagles were & what they looked like Glad it's your favourite too.

Prettymaid, it's funny you should mention that seeing the Eagles live was the only other concert that you had to see before you die. My husband said to me that this was one of the things that I had to do before I die. I never thought about it that way, but he was right.

Eagles

OH GL!!!!!!! Fantastic review thank you so much!

Oh and they are the greatest band ever, for sure!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..