Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: South of Sunset

Default Re: South of Sunset

I had no idea these even existed. Cool. Glenn was and is adorable..

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

No argument from me about that, DJ!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Reviving this thread to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the premiere of South of Sunset!

All of the episodes are here if you are interested in watching them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/newspooiechannel

Personally, I think they are pretty entertaining to watch and Glenn is extremely easy on the eyes!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Dreamer! I love this. Glenn really looks and acts amazingly well in this series. It's such a pity it never got the chance to shine. That said, if it HAD been a success it might have signed the death warrant of any band reunion. Certainly at that stage anyway. Well it all worked out in the long run!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Just happened upon this article mentioning "South of Sunset"

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tv_e...zergnet_309951

Well, at least it wasn't the only show to suffer the "one episode only" fate!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Glenn is best working on his music & not a tv show. It was cool to see him on Miami Vice, but he belongs with the Eagles!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Just happened upon this article mentioning "South of Sunset"

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tv_e...zergnet_309951
    When listing Glenn's other acting "triumphs", they missed that he and his SoS co-star, Aries Spears, were both in an Oscar-nominated movie. I don't think they had any scenes together, though.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm finally getting around to watching a few episodes of South of Sunset tonight. I've watched a few of the clips on GFO, but now I'm gonna watch the episodes on youtube. The only problem is that I'll have to keep the drooling to a minimum because the laptop is in the living room, and my mom is watching tv right behind me.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Well, I actually got to watch all 5 episodes last night on youtube. (nice way to spend 4 hours lol)

First off, Call on Me is not stuck in my head, which isn't a bad thing because I do like the song.

Second, let me get the shallow drooling out of the way. Episode 2. Dream Girl... legs, arms, and chest in one episode...(robotic voice) overload... overload... over..

Alright now, on to my opinion of the show. I actually liked it, and found myself laughing at most of the jokes. (ok, the town line joke got annoying after 2 episodes). I liked the odd pairing of the Cody and Ziggy.Gina was at times annoying, though.

I think that the first episode is definitely the weakest. The plot development and the context of the later episodes isn't there. Unlike Miami Vice, I found myself calling him by his character's name and not Glenn. A few times, I actually forgot that Cody was Glenn.

My favorites are definitely Custody and Newspaper Boy. Custody tugged at my heart because I saw myself in that little girl. ( My parents were still together, but they argued alot, and were almost constantly fighting. My dad would leave after big arguments, and I was afraid that he'd never come back. CPS were actually involved a few times with my brother who's 8 years older than me and he went to live with our nana when I was 5. The court ruled that my parents were fit to raise me. By the time that I was the girl's age, I wanted out too). Maybe personal reasons aren't the best reasons to choose a favorite, but that sticks out to me. Newspaper Boy sticks out because the grim truth of it. I've seen a few of male classmates try to be gangsta as a preteen, and by the age of 18, they're either locked up or dead.

I never cared for Home Improvement, the show that SOS went up against. It'd be cool if there had been a full season of SOS or more, but as stated many times before, Hell wouldn't have froze over.

Now, I need to buy Let's Get Harry(although I don't like the stache) and Jerry Maguire. Is there any way to view Wiseguy, Nash Bridges, or the Arli$$ shows online?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time