Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: South of Sunset

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    That is an interesting thought. If you think about it, Magnum PI is what he ended up doing in SOS.

The role as the 'concerned father' who is also a cop in Nash Bridges I thought was well played, if not detailed enough. He has never really played a villain. I really don't know if he wanted to stretch that far.
    I dont remember anything about SOS so I dont know what his character was like. Wish now I had of recorded it but just wasnt interested back then. Maybe I will get a chance to catch it again. If nothing else I could pause the scenes and enjoy the view.

I do remember in Nash he had been a cop, but like you said not detailed enough.

Share, thanks SO much for posting in this thread! I wasn't even aware of it! I've been so obsessed with the video clips Soda posted of this series lately (see my recent comments in Frey Fever), and it's been great to read the past comments by our members about the series.

I haven't had the privilege of watching the full episodes, but I have found the video clips very entertaining. I like the humour, and Glenn appears very natural and comfortable in front of the camera. Nothing appears forced. I know from listening to his "Strange Weather" promo interview that being comfortable was very important to him as an actor.

And yes, he's completely gorgeous, too . I also prefer his hair longer - he was giving us a taste of what was to come in HFO...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Re: South of Sunset

I thought I would revive this thread because of South of Sunset's anniversary, and as many of you know, I hate to have duplicate threads on the same subject (Just call me Neurotic Nancy the Merging Maniac). Yeah, this thread is so old it was started in the Flip City days... but hey, I figure it's just easier to find info on something if it's all consolidated into one thread.

I know a lot of folks haven't seen this show. If you're interested, I encourage you to check out my South of Sunset section on GFO - each link on the main page goes to an episode page with video clips, screen shots, and a summary.

Like I said earlier in this thread, the series started off rocky, but it got better. It was totally unfair for the network to cut it off after one episode, an infamous move that gets mentioned to this day as an example of a network stopping a series before it started.

Still, again, no South of Sunset cancellation, no HFO. I can't be sad about that. Interesting that their broadcast anniversaries are so close to each other - as we just noted in our "This Day in Eagles History" thread, HFO was broadcast almost a year later to the day.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Soda, that is an interesting observation about the dates of SOS and HFO airings being a year and a day apart. As I said before, we will probably never know all the reasons for CBS canceling the show so quickly, but it must have been fate. If the show would have had a long run, who knows how it may have changed the course of history.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Think of the repercussions...I'll take history the way it stands currently, thank you!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Once again, it's the anniversary of the airdate of South of Sunset! While it may have ended somewhat ingloriously, it's still pretty cool that he got to star in a TV show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I said earlier in the thread that it was the nadir of his career, and I'm afraid I stand by that.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

WOW! I was watching a youtube video that yekrut posted in the Sundance thread and after it was over, I noticed this little gem showed up in the corner. It's a promo ad for Glenn's ill-fated show ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mQdp2k3VvA&NR=1

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good catch, dreamer!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for posting that gem, Dreamer! I see that the intro to one episode is also posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRwPhBLh3hs. In the comments people are asking if anyone has the entire episode & the others as well. It's still in demand!