Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: South of Sunset

Default Re: South of Sunset

Great! Thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Great! Thanks!
    I currently have only 22 minutes of episode 5. Working on getting the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    The audio was fine for me.
    I can't thank you enough for posting these!
    I loved this one! I think Glenn was doing a great job! This series was typical of the time & I can't figure out why it did not make it. Dumb tv execs!!!
    Note: Ms Pitillo wanted us to take the site down, so we have removed all of the material that we posted. Sorry.

Hi. I've watched the four episodes several times. I agree that it was typical of that time period. Studio execs seem to have no confidence in their own choices. It makes no sense to cancel a show after one airing, particularly one that's in a tough time slot to begin with.
    Last edited by djfitzgerald111; 07-12-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Additional info

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djfitzgerald111 View Post
    Note: Ms Pitillo wanted us to take the site down, so we have removed all of the material that we posted. Sorry.
    Oh no! I am so thankful that I got a chance to watch them all but I also wanted to watch them again!! What a bummer!!

Thank you again for giving me a chance to see SOS! Truly grateful!

What a shame! You'd think she'd appreciate having a fan getting her name out there with a site, or at least your dedication to her. It's not as if she's a mega-star with tons of hardcore fans. I'm sorry all your hard work was for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Oh no! I am so thankful that I got a chance to watch them all but I also wanted to watch them again!! What a bummer!!

Thank you again for giving me a chance to see SOS! Truly grateful!
    The first three are available on youtube and I am under the impression that the other two will be available in the coming weeks. Youtube is very fussy about copyrighted material and from what I understand, it was already blocked in Germany by Youtube. I had some leverage because I was writing a biographical work, and had a skirt to hide behind, so to speak.

I'll keep on it as I promised. I can't change the website around without having to pay Wordpress a second time for hosting the video. That's where I am at as of today.

Cheers!

What a shame! You'd think she'd appreciate having a fan getting her name out there with a site, or at least your dedication to her. It's not as if she's a mega-star with tons of hardcore fans. I'm sorry all your hard work was for naught.
    I met her once many years ago, and I thought much of the negative press she received for 'Godzilla 98' was unfair. I reached out to her when the biographical material I had didn't meet the criteria for posting her Wikipedia entry. It could have been a trust issue, or maybe it's because she's so far removed from Hollywood these days. I don't know. There is a new youtube video that came out on July 9, slamming her and the cast from the movie, that's fifteen years after the fact. That video had 455K views in three days. I told her that she needed to be more proactive in blunting bad publicity, and it simply fell on deaf ears. Too much stress for me to do all on my own.

I apologize for the off topic rant.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by djfitzgerald111; 07-12-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Additional info

That's ok - I encouraged it, lol.

I liked her in South of Sunset and her brief appearance on Friends. Here's hoping she changes her mind sometime.

I think they might have been trying to go for a romantic thing with Cody and Gina in SoS that I'm not sure would have worked, but she was great in the character.

That's ok - I encouraged it, lol.

I liked her in South of Sunset and her brief appearance on Friends. Here's hoping she changes her mind sometime.

I think they might have been trying to go for a romantic thing with Cody and Gina in SoS that I'm not sure would have worked, but she was great in the character.
    I thought she was great. It was one of her first big roles. in an old interview, she expressed disappointment with what had happened to the show. She was in another series 'Partners', a couple of years later, which received very good reviews from critics and industry people, but it was on FOX, and they didn't know how to handle the show. I managed to get my hands on all 22 episodes and had posted them for a while. The problems started when I tried to nudge Pitillo along and try to help me encourage all the 'Godzilla' visitors to see some of the other work that she had done and quash some of the longstanding negativity. That obviously didn't work. lol.

Another SoS message: I have a new domain name.

http://southofsunset.org/

I patched up all of my previous posts with this link. The one that's quoted no longer works.

Enjoy.