Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Did I hear that right? (Misheard lyrics)

Default Re: Did I hear that right? (Misheard lyrics)

Get off the road, dopehead! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just found this site called amiright.com...has anyone ever seen it?...has a bunch of the Eagles mis-heard lyrics...really funny...couldn't figure out how to post the direct link...but you can go to amiright.com....then on the right of the page under Site Navigation...click on misheard lyrics....then archive by artist...the Eagles are #30....There are 472 entries...I didn't look at all of them...but some were pretty funny!...it has them for a lot of artists...

Stuck on the Border

When I was a teenager I "transcribed" the Hotel California lyric for my band. This was before the internet, you know, and I didn't have the album with the lyrics to the title track yet. Plus I'm Finnish, so....
    There were some hilarious bits. I thought "we are programmed to receive" was "go back to your seat" with some mumbling before it (as I couldn't make out the "we are" bit). "The pink champagne on ice" I heard as "they drink champagne on ice". I'm glad I don't remember how I heard "colitas"!
    Reminds me of a hilarious transcription I made with a friend of mine of Lady In Black by Uriah Heep. We didn't have a clue what was sung most of the time, so occasionally we deliberately came up with our own bits. "My labour is no easier" was changed to "my neighbour is no easy one" by my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I just found this site called amiright.com...has anyone ever seen it?...has a bunch of the Eagles mis-heard lyrics...really funny...couldn't figure out how to post the direct link...but you can go to amiright.com....then on the right of the page under Site Navigation...click on misheard lyrics....then archive by artist...the Eagles are #30....There are 472 entries...I didn't look at all of them...but some were pretty funny!...it has them for a lot of artists...
    'On a dark desert highway
    Cool Whip in my hair'

Lol! Some of these are pretty good!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/eagles.shtml

Z, all you need to do is Copy the URL (webaddress) and Paste it here. Highlight the address and either right click and select Copy or use CTRL/C, then come here and right click and select Paste or use CTRL/V.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

When I lived in Saudi Arabia, we couldn't buy rock'n'roll music or any American music. It was illegal, outlawed by the religious police. However, you could easily obtain copies of tapes on the black market. These copies would include lyrics typed up by the Saudis who were selling the cassettes. You can imagine how off-base they were! I think the most egregious was their attempt to transcribe the lyrics to Fine Young Cannibal's "Wild Wild West" - but that's another thread.

Just listening to "Long Road Out of Eden" the other day and I remember when I first heard it, I thought "Far away and fast asleep" was "Far away, the master sleeps" (ie, a dig at Bush).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I still think of 'far away and fast asleep', even though I know the real lyric!

I thought of one the other day, when I was listening to Tequila Sunrise in the car. Maybe it's Glenn's accent, but I always hear the first couple of lines as: "It's another tequila sunrise, stirrin' slowly across the sky" instead of "starin'". A sunrise stirring across the sky sort of makes some poetic sense to me!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Here's another thing I've been meaning to ask about... In Best of My Love, when Don sings "but the words come out too rough", I swear he puts a "k" sound on the end so it comes out like "ruck". It's really weird! You may have to listen to it loud or on headphones to catch it, but I've always noticed it (and I listen to that song A LOT...) Any ideas?? Please tell me I'm not imagining it!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Here's another thing I've been meaning to ask about... In Best of My Love, when Don sings "but the words come out too rough", I swear he puts a "k" sound on the end so it comes out like "ruck". It's really weird! You may have to listen to it loud or on headphones to catch it, but I've always noticed it (and I listen to that song A LOT...) Any ideas?? Please tell me I'm not imagining it!
    You're not. FINALLY, after all these years, I have found someone else who hears that. Wow. I've never understood why it happens and I've always heard it at normal volume.

Yes! It's really odd... It's definitely there, and I have no idea why. Unless it was one of those weird throat noises that happens sometimes and they didn't catch it/didn't have the time or energy to edit it out. lol. Who knows!