Page 250 of 315 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Koala, I, too, am so sorry about the delay in your appointment. Hope you can get to feeling better soon! I just started having a problem with my left knee yesterday. At my job at the library, I have to kneel down quite often, and I found my knee was just killing me. I feel like we are in this together-feel better soon!
    Soda, I am so glad your dad got the figurines back before the guy sold them! I was hoping the ring would magically show up at the door, but no luck yet. However, the seller kindly said he would send a replacement ring, which I think is VERY kind, since it wasn't his fault, it was the post office, who will never admit that they are wrong. They are still insisting it was delivered to this address, at an hour early in the am when our mail NEVER arrives!)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

The post office drives me nuts. Living in a small town where we don't get delivery to the house, but have to go in and deal with them----we get things in our box that don't belong to us and vice versa all the time. But heaven forbid that they ADMIT that they make a mistake. I actually had to write out a list of all our bills long ago, and mark them off as they came in to make sure we got them all so it wouldn't cause us heartache later on. Thankfully, most of our stuff is done online now so I don't have to deal with that. But I do a lot of shopping online for us and friends and it drives me nuts!

Koala- truly sorry also. Hope it all goes well once you finally get into the doctor.

Soda-I'm surprised you don't remember Jason vividly--him and his photos on his phone. Intoxication does cause bad judgment sometimes.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Willie-good news about Jason. My son is expecting a friend in the Air Force home in a few weeks, also so we have some of the same excitement in the air.

Koala, sorry to hear about your knee. Take it easy until you can get in for that appointment!

soda, that guy that was going to sell your dad's figurines just bought himself a whole bunch of bad karma in my book. What is wrong with people these days?

Sadly, Ms. Whitetail Deer has not shown up for the past few days, I felt so bad about how skinny she is, I bought corn and apples to put down near where she usually laid (it remains untouched). I'm afraid she may have gone further into the woods to die. Last time I saw her, she could barely hold her head up. Amazing she had enough energy to try to kick Gracie's head in, though! She still had some fight left then, I guess.

Molly, it's funny - death is all around, but it's so sad when we see it happening.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks guys!
    Stars, I hope your knee pain will be better soon! I really feel with you!!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I hope someone here has more computer knowledge than I do. My sister-in-law paid a guy some major dollars to take some cassette tapes and put them on CDs, The only trouble is he said it would take 6 CDs so he put them on 1 DVD instead, now he wants $200.00 to transfer them from the DVD to CDs. I have tried to figure out how to do it to save her the money but can't seem to find the magic program to do it. Does anyone here know where I can find a program to go from a DVD to a CD? I don't want to erase them somehow because the tapes are of my Mother-in-law who has since passed away.

I'm sure you can easily rip the audio without this scammer's help and, at most, have to pay maybe $30 to download the software to do it. What format are the files in now?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I think I have to load ? the recordings on the DVD onto my computer and then burn? the data from the computer onto the CDs. Does that sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    I think I have to load ? the recordings on the DVD onto my computer and then burn? the data from the computer onto the CDs. Does that sound right?
    It really depends on which format the files on the DVD are in -- they may need to be converted into something that is easily playable. When you open the DVD in Explorer, can you see the format?

If you can, I'd also suggest you burn a backup copy of the DVD.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

As Z says, it depends on the format. Here's how you can backup the disc as well as find the format:

When you put the DVD in the drive, do not "autoplay." Instead, click on "My Computer" and right-click on the DVD drive, then select "open" - you should see folders or files. Copy everything onto a disc to your hard drive, putting them all in the same folder. Then, select one of the files, right-click on it, and select "properties." That should tell you what the file type is.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten