Page 1 of 315 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default What's Happening in Your Life?

I've split this thread because it was getting pretty long; as a result, the conversation is starting mid-way here. If you want to read posts that were made before this one, go to this thread:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...hread.php?t=87

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

MF! I know this has been a hard week for you and remembered your moms birthday yesterday. I know too that things havent been easy since you came back from London. Hopefully some of your gigs will give your band more exposure and will lead to more gigs!

Maybe the commissaire can cheer you up a bit...........

I'm 11 years married today, but we will celebrate it tomorrow evening as the State exam results are out today. This means our 2 reliable babysitters are off 'celebrating'. Although to be fair to them they have done well and so deserve it!
    He asked me what I wanted as a present so I bit the bullet and suggested the Eagles Box Set
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Wow, Molly, now I understand why you have been quiet around here! I hope all these things work out for the best and life will get back to some kind of normal soon.
    Gosh! I hate to admit it, but this is kind of "normal" for me!

I guess that's what you get when you have a large family like I do. Somebody always has something going on. Thanks for the kind words everyone. You all are always so supportive and sweet.

Mostly, it's tough seeing people you care about go through tough times, which is pretty much the case right now. It does seem like things happen in "bunches". I think I'm due for a little break from all the stress very soon!

I'm just trying to be helpful where I can. I've been doing a lot of listening and counseling when I think I have something to helpful to say.

DF - I had no idea that you were a singer! Good for you!

MF, I know it's tough when those anniversaries roll around. It does get easier with time, but I find I still have those "moments" of missing loved ones who are gone.

Brooke, no, it doesn't get any easier when the kids are grown and out on their own. That's a misconception! A mom is a mom always and I suppose we'll always fret about what's going on with our kids lives. Good luck to your son. I'm sure he has a good head on his shoulders and will do well.

Both of my boys are back home right now. It's the first time the 4 of us have lived under the same room for any extended period of time. OMG! The grocery bill!

Peter moved out in June to rent a house with 4 other Marquette friends. The house is in a "questionable" neighborhood and I had huge reservations about Peter living there. It only took 6 weeks for the house to be forcibly entered and the boys to be robbed. Peter lost a brand new TV, about $1000 worth of DVDs and CD's and his new tennis shoes.

I'm just grateful he wasn't in the house at the time of the robbery. We'll turn a claim in under our insurance and see what happens.

My mom is unsteady on her feet and falls down every now and then. I've never been the one "in charge" of her when she's had one of these falls until this past weekend. She stumbled and fell in the bathroom of the restaurant we were at. She was fine, but I nearly had a heart attack!

My mother-in-law is in the hospital right now, but I think she'll be just fine. A stomach problem it seems. My MIL is one tough old woman. I think she's too ornery to ever die. My son, Tom says after Armegeddon there will be three things left alive on Earth: cockroaches, Keith Richards and my mother in law.

Mrs F.......I've been thinking about you for the last couple of weeks. I know it's been hard on you and said a prayer for you. I completely understand and agree about making time for each other.

Molly....I am SO sorry for all you have been through as well. Sometimes life just isn't easy and it's so hard to get through.

Oh goodness, such a lot has happened since I last dropped in here.

First of all, Holly, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope in time you will come to remember the happy times you had together.

MF, I'm sad that you have been through such tough times recently, and that you haven't got your mother there for you. It is indeed a lonely world at times. I hope that things brighten up for you soon, and that your music continues to bring you pleasure. It was good to hear about the gigs, especially the Yacht club marathon!

Molly, it sounds as though you really have your hands full at the moment with so much going on. I'll be thinking of you and the various members of your family going through difficulties and illness. I'm sorry to hear about Peter's burglary, but as you say at least he was out. These days you don't know where thieves will stop. I hope the excitement of the Eagles concerts will help to reduce the stress.

Brooke, I'm at about the same stage as you with my boys. My older son has lived away for the last two years, but has decided to live at home for his next year at university. It's nice to have him around, but he has so much stuff and our house isn't very big. I think we need an extension! At least he has found some work weekday evenings so we are not subsidising his nights out to such an extent. My younger son gets his A level results today! He has already decided to have a gap year and wants to travel, but he is looking for a job first to earn some cash. He has an interview tomorrow in the 'pets and aquatics' section at our local garden centre. On a sadder note, he and his girlfriend of over three years have finished. It was a mutual decision. They are both very young and probably felt it wasn't really going anywhere, but I shall miss having her around.

TBF, I dread the day when my two eventually leave for good, but they have to move on. We never stop worrying about them. Sorry to hear life's been a bit tough for you, too, but I'm sure an upccoming concert will lift you!

DF, how awesome to be part of a band and that you covered two Eagles songs. It sounds like you had a fabulous evening! You could get a taste for the rock star lifestyle - well beer and pizza is a start!

GA, congratulations on your anniversary. Hope you get what you wanted!

It's my other half's big birthday this weekend. We are just going away for a night in Cornwall, as one week hence he is off on a three week expedition to Corsica to walk one of the toughest long distance footpaths in Europe. He has been training for this all year, and has been trying to find someone to go with him. I'm pleased to say he has a lovely young German guy going with him, with whom he has worked in the past and they get on well. Now two other germans are going as well, so there will be plenty of help if anyone gets into difficulty.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thanks for the support, girls. It is much appreciated.

Brooke and TBF, I'm sorry for what you are going through with your children. I haven't even got out of the starting blocks yet regarding children, but I can imagine how tough it must be for you.

TBF, I'm sorry for the tough times you've been through. I hope things improve soon.

Molly, once again, I'm so sorry for your hardships. You still have a sense of humour intact through it all, so you are one strong lady. I hope Lady Luck shines on you soon. I'm also really sorry that your son's home was robbed. How awful!

GA, I know that you and your hubby are celebrating your anniversary tonight, so I hope you have a fantastic time. Congratulations, girlfriend!

GEF, I hope you have a wonderful time with your husband for his birthday. I can imagine how much you will miss him while he's away on his expedition, but I hope that it's a great success for him.

I've just entered into a new relationship (only my second!), and I'm well and truly in love. I've spent a lot of time missing him, as he's a very hard working man with an insane schedule, but he's enamoured with me and we're going to make the best of it. Wish me luck with this, ladies! I've been praying for someone special and he may be it!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Gosh!! So much can happen in a Day here not to mind a week!

Firstly, thanks for the good wishes on the Anniversary. Its true, we will head out tonight to celebrate.

Molly that was rotten luck about your son's home being robbed. At least he was not injured himself, since he is far more valuable than his possessions, even if they are important to him. Hopefully your claim will bear fruit. Over here its the house is insured, so yiou can't claim on parents insurance for items lost if you are renting. Good luck!

MF, I'll admit I knew about your new relationship. Your new boyfriend sounds lovely and he is just BBF. Not too busy to think about you . I WILL pray that all works out.

GEF, have a great birthday celebration with your hubby and pass our wishes onto him as well.

(3 weeks unadulterated Glenn time coming up!! I am sooooo ) Hope those t-shirts see the light of day!

TBF! I too am thinking of you. Hope things improve
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    My MIL is one tough old woman. I think she's too ornery to ever die. My son, Tom says after Armegeddon there will be three things left alive on Earth: cockroaches, Keith Richards and my mother in law.
    OMG!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oops!

Mrs F, I'm so excited to hear you have a new s.o. I'm very happy for you and hope all goes well! Keep us posted!

And Happy Anniversary to you, Ga!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

MF! What sweet and wonderful news! Best wishes to you and your new guy! Gosh, you're making me think back to what it felt like to be just starting out and all gushy and in love!

GA! Happy Anniversary! Hope you get that box set. Hubby is lucky, you could have asked for an expensive piece of jewelry!

gef -Happy birthday to your hubby. He sounds like he's still quite the athlete!

Your son breaking up with his girlfriend mirrors my Tom breaking up with his girlfriend of 3 years. Funny how often our lives mirror having 2 boys who are about the same age! I feel exactly the same as you do, Tom and Nicole were really too young for any kind of long term committment. But, I do miss having another female around and Nicole was a very sweet girl. I'm afraid my son has broken her heart. She's not taking the break up very well. I told him to be honest and to be kind, and I believe that's what he did, but it's still hard.