Page 119 of 315 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Border Desperado

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Okay, I'm playing catch up, so here it goes...

Troub, I have your uncle in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything works out for him. It seems as if he has a very strong support group.

Willie, Congrats on your new nephew! He is absolutely precious! Good luck to both you and TBSF dealing with your growing boys/men. Savor every minute of this exciting time.

I want to send a belated birthday wish to Sarah, and a congrats to GEF on 24 years of marriage! I hope everyone had great celebrations.

TBSF, I hope your husband has a safe and, by all good means, uneventful recovery, and that everything works out fine for his health.

Alreadygone2005, best of luck with your therapy! Hopefully all will go well with it and you will be walking in no time.

I was involved in a car accident May 20th, and haven't been on the boards quite as much lately. I'm having to deal with back and neck physical therapy for the next 4 to 6 months. At this point, I'm just glad that no one was seriously injured in the wreck. I've had many people tell me that car accidents change your life and that you never look at driving the same afterwards. Since I've been back behind the wheel, I must say that I agree. I would just like to say to everyone, please be cautious out there. No matter how safe of a driver you are, there will always be others on the road who aren't. Be safe!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Hi there, just wanted to let you know I'm still alive I want to try to pop by more often. Still busy in the Thomas forum, the activity there take up a lot of my time even if I'm not so excited anymore for him. But I've made of lot of new friends there. I've been to South Germany last week for a few days to see some girls and we had a great time.

I hope everyone is well I'm soooo looking forward to July when I finally go to see the Eagles again.

AG2005, I can relate to your pains with your ankle. I had a bad sports injury with my right ankle 4 years ago and ended up having surgery on it. Although it wasn't a complete and major break, I did have a small break and many torn ligaments. It still bothers me from time to time. It's always a pain to have to go through rehab for any injury. I wish you the best of luck with that.

Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt in that car accident, Melrose. I'm sorry that you had to go through that and about you having the back and neck pain. That's too bad. I hope your injuries heal fast. Good luck with your physical therapy and getting back to 100%.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I've been shopping around for another car during the last couple of days. It's not quite as fun as I thought it would be. So far, the car dealers that I've talked to seem like they are full of bull****. I didn't want to have my heart set on it but I did really like one of the cars I test drove but the guy wanted too much money down. I think i'm gonna try to save up a little bit more money and hold out for the 4th of July sales. I realized this morning that I could've had enough money for a down payment on a brand new car if I hadn't gone to all of those Eagles and Don Henley concerts. Oh well, It was all worth it. I wouldn't take back those experiences for anything.

BTW, my 5 year old neice, Natalie, was with us while were car shopping. She's recently fell in love with Hotel California. It's so cute to hear her sing along to it. We listened to the song over and over in my car yesterday while driving from place to place. When we test drove the car I liked, I mentioned that that was the car I wanted and Natalie asked "Why?" I told her it was because I need a new car...bad. She said she didn't want me to get a new car because the car I have now plays her favorite song...Hotel California. She started to get sad because she thought that my car is the only one that can play her favorite song. I've now made her a copy of the song so she can listen to it anywhere. She also told her momma that she wants to go with me the next time I see the Eagles in concert.
    Last edited by Peekaboo; 05-30-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Jess, I love that story about Natalie. Adorable!

TBS, I'll be thinking of you and your hubby and wishing him all the best. I hope he makes a speedy recovery and that the op goes well.

Melrose, so sorry to hear about your car accident. I had a minor one a few months ago, and it really does shake you up. I hope you get back to your old self as soon as possible. Good luck with the therapy - keep us updated on how it's going.

I've had quite a nice, relaxing weekend. One of my service users had an exhibition at the library yesterday, so I went along. He works at a farm every Tuesday with a group of other disabled guys, and they had an exhibition of the pottery they'd made. It was great, and he was really pleased that I'd gone. Of course, I was practically forced to buy something, so I came away with a little clay dish. God knows where I'm going to put it, but it was a nice thought!

Not much more news on my uncle, apart from he's still in the hospital and they still haven't found any physical cause to his problems. My grandparents went to visit him on Friday and said that, in general, he was more chatty and seemed to be more coherent, but at one point, he stood up and ran towards the window, shouting that he wanted to jump out of it. It's so upsetting. I'm just hoping that this is the start of M getting some proper help. I can't even imagine what he and his mum must be going through. One of those situations where you feel completely useless.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Oh my gosh Melrose! Hope the therapy helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic View Post
    Some crappy news - hubby has to have triple by-pass surgery next week The recovery from that is long so it is going to pretty much knock out a big chunk of the summer for us. It was a big surprise. He had an angioplasty about 10 years ago and regularly sees a heart doctor for check ups.
    I'm sorry to read this, TBSF. I wish him every strength now and after the surgery, as well as to you and all his loved ones.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by alreadygone2005@yahoo.com View Post
    I broke my left ankle May 4th. Had it rebuilt May 15th and start physical therapy on June 15th to learn how to walk on it again therapy will take 6 to 8 weeks to complete.
    That's horrible, AG - I wish you every strength during this trying time.

Quote Originally Posted by melrose View Post
    I was involved in a car accident May 20th, and haven't been on the boards quite as much lately. I'm having to deal with back and neck physical therapy for the next 4 to 6 months. At this point, I'm just glad that no one was seriously injured in the wreck. I've had many people tell me that car accidents change your life and that you never look at driving the same afterwards. Since I've been back behind the wheel, I must say that I agree. I would just like to say to everyone, please be cautious out there. No matter how safe of a driver you are, there will always be others on the road who aren't. Be safe!
    I'm so sorry to read this, Melrose. All I can do is wish you every strength during your physical therapy, which I can imagine is very tough.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling View Post
    Hi there, just wanted to let you know I'm still alive I want to try to pop by more often. Still busy in the Thomas forum, the activity there take up a lot of my time even if I'm not so excited anymore for him. But I've made of lot of new friends there. I've been to South Germany last week for a few days to see some girls and we had a great time.

I hope everyone is well I'm soooo looking forward to July when I finally go to see the Eagles again.
    Gosh, EL, I'm so pleased to see you're posting again - I've missed you! Okay, that's rich coming from me, since I'd also gone MIA over the last two months or so

I'm glad you've made new friends from the Thomas forum. Is he still so big in Germany as he was after he won the "Idols" contest, and has he made any in-roads abroad?

I'm so jealous that you (and others on The Border) are going to see the Eagles "again". I wish I could say I was going to see them again! How I wish they would include South Africa in their tour!