Page 115 of 315 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Congrats Dana on 22 years!! and F1 was just the cosmos saying Good Job! the mouse... well think of it as kitties little anniversary gift *G*

We're back from The Family Compound (cabin) where we lounged (in lawn chairs) around the pool (blow up kiddie pool) sipping gin and tonics (out of Flintstone glasses) and listening to live music (me and my guitar) in the sunshine (THAT was real). All in all, we felt like Kennedy's (or their hillbilly cousins *G*) It was a lot of fun tho.
    My cousin who lives about a half a mile down the road from the cabin, is a logger/hillbilly and has the beer gut and bead to prove it (ZZ Tops has NOTHING on this guy) and he's mowed a small cow pasture and rolled it smooth. He turned it into a golf course (9 hole) and he has a "Tournament" there ever memorial day. It's a lot of fun to watch!! there are loggers and kids and dogs and babies and lots and lots of white lightening! VERY entertaining. He needs to turn it into a celebrity invitational and invite Glenn!
    My aunt is a master gardener and has a little over an acre in a garden. When we visit I always bring home new stuff for my garden. No exception this time. Cami and I both brought back LOTS of new stuff to plant and that's where Im headed now, to the garden to get it all in before it dies!!
    Have a great day!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Aww Ticky--That just sounds like heaven to me!! I swear, if I ever win the lottery, I'm bringing the clan out there for a week!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ticky, your 'weekend at the compound' story is just hilarious! You are too funny for your own good! Glad you had such a nice weekend!

We live in the country and spent most of the weekend working in the yard, sipping margueritas on the deck and listening to lots of classic rock until yesterday, when it rained most of the day.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Congratulations on 22 years, DF! It sounds like you had a wonderful evening with great music

Ticky, glad to hear you had a good time on your weekend cabin trip, and have fun getting everything in the ground!

Ticky and Brooke - can I come and live with you guys? Please? Either one, I'm not fussy! Your respective weekends sound heavenly.

Belated congratulations, DF. Your F1 story made me smile. I bet that was the icing on the cake (for you, at least!)

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Ticky and Brooke - can I come and live with you guys? Please? Either one, I'm not fussy! Your respective weekends sound heavenly.
    Well, Troub, speaking for myself here, you can certainly come for a visit! As for the 'living with'.......we're empty nesters and we kinda like it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

LOL. Can't say I blame you. A visit'll do me!

DF, belated congratulations from me on your 22nd, and what a way to celebrate! D & I celebrated 24 years last week.

Ticky,glad you had a great time at your cabin - it sounds idyllic! Love the story about your neighbour's 'golf course!'

Here's the latest on our garden works. Conservatory going up but still waiting for the hot tub man to deliver. It'll be lovely when it's finished!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

A happy belated anniversary to you and your hubby too, GEF. Looks like the garden is coming along nicely!

The details of this are a bit hazy at the moment, but one of my uncles was taken into hospital yesterday because, basically, he appeared to have a complete breakdown. He has a history of depression and he has attempted suicide in the past, and the past couple of days, apparently he has been hallucinating and alternating between being hysterical and almost like a zombie. At times he doesn't recognise anyone - even his mother. I don't know if you remember, but my grandad's brother, John, died last year. It's one of his sons, M, who is now in hospital. He seems to have really gone downhill since his dad died, and my great aunt (M's mum) has done so much for him, but just doesn't know how to help him anymore. My grandparents spend a lot of time with my great aunt, especially since uncle John died, and I know they're very disturbed and upset by this. They were there when M was hysterical and I think it scared my grandma a lot. All I know is that the hospital is doing tests, but they haven't found anything yet (they're trying to rule out any physical causes first.) I guess it would be nice to know that you are keeping him in your thoughts. He really is a lovely man and has always taken such an interest in us kids. He's only in his late 40s. Also, for my aunt's sake - she's been through so much in this past year, and apart from my grandparents, she's pretty much coping by herself. I really hope M can get the kind of help he needs.

Oh Lou, I will keep him in my prayers Kate, Looks like the garden is really coming along!