Page 105 of 315 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Molly I could of wrote what you just did about me. That last paragraph was my family. We actually watched a couple of cars at separate times drop dogs off in front of our home or in the field next to us.

My father actually told my husband before we were married, and I quote, "to love my daughter is to love every critter she will bring home, and she WILL bring them home often". And I have and hubby still loves me.
    I can remember on two occasions when my Dad went to the "town dump" /landfill and brought home a box of kittens that some one had thrown away like garbage. Not once -but twice!

Even Layla, we think was "discarded" before she was caught and taken to the shelter. I'll never believe that she ran away from her previous home.

I once tried to sneak a stray dog home that I found in Texas while we were visiting my sister. Not sure how I thought I could keep a dog quiet in the backseat of a car from Texas to Wisconsin.

Oh, and my dad let me keep it!

Molly, I'm so sorry about Layla. I've mentioned on here before that I don't always have the right words to say during times like this but I do try. I'm sure that Layla is right up there in Dog Heaven with my dog, Chester. I haven't had a dog since Chester when I was 13. I've always thought about getting another dog but right now i'm in an apartment that does not allow pets.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Oh Molly, I'm so sad to hear about Layla. You have lost three beautiful dogs since I have known you, and Layla was far too young. Even though I'm not around here much, I often think of my friends here, and you, Steve and the boys will be in my thoughts. Give Zoe a big hug from me.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We think of you too Kate! Its great to hear from you when you DO manage to pop in.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Tomorrow we're going on an annual event for us, Free comic Book Day. Cliff collects comic books and this is a pretty big deal for us. We hit at least 7 or 8 stores in Portland and the Portland area. It's nation wide so everyone can participate if you have any interest. Every comic book store in the nation will offer certain comic books for free. Some limit how many you can have, some dont and some have authors and artists there to sign the books. I urge you to all run out to your local comic book store and pick up your free books! The Indy books are kind of fun (my favorite is Too Much Coffee Man... he rocks!)
    Hope ya'll have a great Free Comic Book Day!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    Oh Molly, I'm so sad to hear about Layla. You have lost three beautiful dogs since I have known you, and Layla was far too young. Even though I'm not around here much, I often think of my friends here, and you, Steve and the boys will be in my thoughts. Give Zoe a big hug from me.

Thank you Kate and Jess.

I know, it's incredible when I think how quickly our time passed with Layla. We thought we'd have her with us another 10 years or so!

Zoe is getting lots of extra hugs this week. Steve was in DC for 3 days so I (probably foolishly) let Zoe sleep on my bed with me. Well, she slept (she snores!) -I didn't get much sleep. She's back in her own bed now where she belongs!

Kate, I think of you and your family often, as well -leading a parallel life to ours sometimes it seems!

I've still not heard anything from my dental insurance about coverage to get my four bad teeth extracted.

Border Desperado

The biggest reminder that Spring is here is when the Chimney Swifts arrive. I'm not sure if they are well known or not, but I've had many encounters with them. They migrate from Peru to the Eastern Coast of the United States, and each year I usually get one nesting pair and a handful of singles. They make their nest on the chimney wall, and will stay until late October or early November. Almost every year a baby or two will fall down to the fireplace. It is then a matter of trying to get it back up above the damper or taking it to the bird sanctuary. Needless to say, this is usually a common sight during Spring and Summer

The cats love it when the adult swifts get loose in the house. Luckily they wouldn't know what to do with one of them if they could even catch it

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Melissa--your post scared me for a minute-at first glance I thought they were bats and I HATE them things!! It sounds like a bat also!

Rhonda---I hope you got some goodies on Saturday on your comic book store journey! Cool. That's something none of us are into but Larry has a friend that collects them and has given up to over a $1000.00 for some before. Calls it his retirement plan. Claims they will be worth 20x that in 10 to 20 years. He has never been married and has no kids so I guess he justifies the money but WOW--sounds like a lot for a comic book.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

It's Senior Prom week and 'Senior Son' is in complete overdrive. He'll be lucky if I haven't knocked him out by the time the big night arrives Beam me up Scotty!