Page 144 of 315 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

TBF, I know what you mean about your son turning 19, and not being able to believe how fast the time goes by. My son will be turning 24 in November, and I just can't believe that!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congrats to you and your hubby on 47 years together AZ! That's wonderful!

And to you too Stars on 36! I just had my 35th so I'm right behind you!

As Keith Urban sings, looks like we found our Once In A Lifetime loves!

And my son turns 27 next month. I swear he was just a baby, like, yesterday! And can you believe this year is half gone already?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, Brooke! Congrats to you on your 35th! You certainly are right behind us!
    I know you must find it hard to believe your son is turning 27-I also remember our son being a baby, and I can't believe the years have flown by so quickly!
    And I didn't even realize the year is half gone already.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Congratulations to all of us who are celebrating AZEF, Brooke and Stars. the length of time you have spent with your respective partners is a credit to you all. I hope I can be as happy by the time I reach those milestones. We'll be 12 years married in August.

Koala congrats on getting a permanent contract in these times when jobs in all sectors are so difficult to come by.

Mike! I meant to say earlier - I hope you get the pool sorted to your satisfaction. When we had a leak from the bathroom last year our (cute) plumber got us the name of an insurance assessor who prepared the claim for us. He had us claim for things we would never have thought of! Even after paying his fee we got substantially more than we would have got making the claim ourselves. Its a good idea because these people know everything, including what can go wrong during repairs which you would bot be covered for.....
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Okay, this is OFF THE WALL. The winner shown in the link below is the daughter of one of my First Cousin's . She is going for a degree in biology and part of the course was a spelunking expedition that lasted several days and nights in the good ole Mother Nature. Natalie was really just trying to gross out her Mother <LOL> but when the contest was announced, she entered this picture.

Here's the link to the KSSN Country Station announcing the winner of the contest

http://www.kssn.com/pages/kubbe.html

And WON the Statewide contest <LOL>

Hope this one shows up. It's how she really looks when not kissing frogs and salamanders!

MikeA

That frog should be very happy that a beautiful princess was willing to give him a kiss! Hopefully, her beauty rubbed off on him a little and turned him in to a prince!

Too funny Mike! She's a gorgeous girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    That frog should be very happy that a beautiful princess was willing to give him a kiss! Hopefully, her beauty rubbed off on him a little and turned him in to a prince!

Too funny Mike! She's a gorgeous girl!
    I don't hold out much hope for the frog. She gave me a peck on the cheek once and it didn't make any significant improvements to me!

Strange girl. Has the qualifications of a top model, but would rather be in the Outback in cutoffs than wearing dresses. Not sure what she is going to settle down and do. Something in the medical field though.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I don't hold out much hope for the frog. She gave me a peck on the cheek once and it didn't make any significant improvements to me!
    Eh, there must be something wrong with you Mike!

I know, I know, family and all!

I haven't had much time on here lately because of meetings for work, and taking my mom to her doctors appointments. I didn't think it would take up much more time but I've been incredibly busy with all of this during the last week. I've only had (literally) a couple of minutes during the last week to drop in here and all i was able to do was check out the latest pics that were posted in each of the guys photo threads. I've got a little bit of extra time today while i'm back in my home town visiting my family so i'm trying to get in as much Border time as I can while I can because I have another busy week coming up.

Congrats to all of those that are celebrating anniversaries. AEF and Stars, that is amazing, 47 and 36 years respectively. I'm trying to figure out what to do for my parents 31st anniversary on Aug. 25. We did some family portraits last year and I think we may do it again this year. We didn't do too many (professional) family pictures while I was growing up and my mother loved that we finally took family pics after so many years. I think she secretly wants to make it a tradition now.

Willie, a big Happy Birthday to your son. I hope he has a wonderful birthday.

Koala, Congrats on the new job contract. That is wonderful news.

My apologies if i've missed responding to other's latest news. I always try to make a reply to everybody but I'm sure I've left some out on this one.

My mother's surgery has finally been scheduled for thursday Aug. 13. I believe the last time I posted about this I mentioned that her tumor was the size of an orange, well, it turns out that her doctor said it is bigger than they thought. It is actually the size of a soccer ball. The crazy thing about it is that she initially went into the hospital because of a gastrointestinal virus and that's how the doctors found her tumor. It's crazy how things happen that way. My mom still has some pain but she's been doing well. She's actaully been working since 4 days after she got out of the hospital. She's got a couple more doctors appointments to do a few more tests before the surgery. Although Mom says she's glad to have some time off of work she can't wait to get it all over with. Even though she's going to be having surgery to take out a tumor, I'm relieved that it's not cancerous or any more serious than it is. And mom has a good since of humor about the whole thing. She cracks jokes about it and makes the situation very light hearted. She's so wonderful and I just know she's going to be okay after all of this.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Jess, I hope your mother's surgery is a success and I wish her a speedy recovery