Page 15 of 315 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

You look very happy and to be having a good time there, Fp! I know what you mean about the town. The very small town (pop.-about 200) I work in (and lived around all my life) has gone downhill, too. Things will never be the same.

Ticky, your cabin is just lovely and the flowers are beautiful. Looks very tranquil and a great place to go for r & r.

Gef and DF, I'm glad your kids have found jobs. My son has also found one, finally, and starts this week. It's not great, but it's a start. It's hard when he has 4 or 5 years of college and no one wants him. He was getting kind of depressed at one point and said to me, "Why doesn't anyone want to hire me. I'm a good guy. I'm a nice person. I'm not a loser." It's hard to know what to tell them. Today, you pretty much have to know someone to get that foot in the door.

Good luck to all those back in school. Stick with it and study hard. (I'm sure your parents have already told you that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Fp, that's a lovely picture and you look like you're having fun there even if it was a bit sad to see your home town so run down.

Brooke, good luck with your son and his new job. My younger son is still looking for work - he's had three interviews but no luck so far - it's the same old story - not enough experience.

I'm taking the two of them over to Brittany (the nearest bit of France to us) this weekend. We could all do with a short break. We would have camped normally, but the weather forecast isn't great, and I think a hotel sounds more appealing! It's a six hour crossing by ferry, and I'm going to have to do the driving - on the right! We'll have some good food and will stock up with French specialities (cheese and wine spring to mind!), and if there's a glimmer of sunshine we'll find a beach and swim.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    Brooke, good luck with your son and his new job. My younger son is still looking for work - he's had three interviews but no luck so far - it's the same old story - not enough experience.

I'm taking the two of them over to Brittany (the nearest bit of France to us) this weekend. We could all do with a short break. We would have camped normally, but the weather forecast isn't great, and I think a hotel sounds more appealing! It's a six hour crossing by ferry, and I'm going to have to do the driving - on the right! We'll have some good food and will stock up with French specialities (cheese and wine spring to mind!), and if there's a glimmer of sunshine we'll find a beach and swim.

I know what you mean. And just how are they going to get experience if no one will hire them? Good luck to him. Maybe he will get one of them.

And have a nice trip. Sounds nice!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brooke! I'm so pleased that your son has found a job which hopefully he can build on. I remember so much the late 80's early 90's when I started looking for a 'real' job, ie one where I could use the qualifications I had studied so long for (Not to take away from those part time jobs that kept me going while I was studying). But it was so hard. The goalposts kept changing. If you had a degree, they wanted experience. If you had both they wanted 'evidence of independent research' ( where did you get time for this when you were studying and working part time as it WAS!!), or other skills such as computers or driving, which were expensive to attain in those depressed times. Then there would still be quite a large number going for only a few jobs. It really did hit on the self worth and self esteem, end of things and it hard not to just drop out of the whole thing. There were times I was ready to just give up! I hope your son enjoys his new post.

GEF! I hope you and the Boys have a great time in Brittany. I'm sure the driving will be no problem. Hopefully bring a bit of sunshine this way!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Brooke - I'm glad Your son found a job.

As i write this I am also working on my first stamp for my AP English Protfolio, an trying to forget about the test i just failed in that class.
    Other then that things are good.
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well keep working hard GOS. Hopefully you will pass the next one . And hope the portfolio goes well for you as well.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Tomorrow is the home and season opener for my beloved Fighting Irish football team!!! Tickets are a hot commodity in this area going for hundreds of dollars every year no matter how bad they are playing (believe me after last season-anything will be an improvement). My nephew's girlfriend gets tickets from work to take clients and she had one extra ticket for tomorrow and my nephew hates Notre Dame, so she called me because she knows I am a fanatic, to see if I wanted to go with her!! Well duh!!!! Great seats, down close to the field in the "real" seats, not the bleachers for free! Yippeee!
    I hope I don't embarrass her in front of clients. She's been to games with me before so she knows how insane I can get at sporting events. I will try to be on my good behavior and be an .
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Good for you, TBF! Have a great time!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fun. The only problem we'd have is Hubby and my tastes are soo different. We both like Ray Wylie and the old Eagles stuff, but he LOVES Johnny Cash and really old Ozark-type country stuff, and my tastes bend a different way *grin* Most of the time, I cant stand his music and he doesnt care for mine. (The Ipod keeps the peace)

I have not checked in here in ages and am way behind on everything but this caught my eye, ticky. My hubby LOVES Johnny Cash and the old Ozark-type country music - Ha! We should get them together

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

tbs ~ that could be scarey!! *grin* I really like some of that stuff. The soundtrack to Oh Brother Where Art Thou and Cold Mountain were terrific but when he gets out the stuff that sounds like whoever's singing it is on the verge of death (like in the song by Earl Stanley, Oh Death) it's a little disarming and creepy.