Page 2 of 315 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Hi!

Sorry i've been away so long.. The move turned out to be MUCH more complex that i expected and we have just restored internet today. I sure have missed being in touch with everyone!

Well the move.... instead of 3 or 4 hours it took almost 10 hours to move stuff out of the apartment and in to the new house (eek) Because of the renovations we are doing I have no bedroom right now and we have no kitchen! We are literally living out of boxes. The renovations are already almost 3 weeks behind schedule but they are dropping off the materials this afternoon and supposedly are going to start the construction on Monday.. Finally the possibilty of forward movement! I have had no time for eagles in the last few weeks and as we still don't have a cd player set up i have nbot even been able to listen to the music. It feels very strange to go this long without even hearing an eagles song. Anyway the new house is very nice and hopefully i will be able to be online more in the next little while.

Hope all is well with everyone

Stuck on the Border

Hang in there, tf. Hopefully, the end result with be well worth all this inconvenience you're going thru now.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thank you all so much for the good wishes. We did indeed have a lovely meal out last night on the top floor of a 13 storey hotel. Panoramic views and Sunset over the town of Dundalk were spectacular (we don't tend to have high rise over here). I was VERY tempted to book in for the night but the kids wouldn't have been warned!!

Hubby said the box set is fine to order, he says I'm 'low maintenance' anyway (He doesn't know what the guitar set me back earlier this year )

Molly, I feel for you and Nicole and Tom (Is there a familiar ring to that sound still?). No one is ever the winner in a break up, and even the instigator can feel very bad about it. But I suppose it is better for it to happen now than for them to make a mistake that they might regret later. And who knows, they might find each other again at another time if its meant to be.

Amazing TF! I was only thinking of you today and hoping your move has been going well. We were at the 'living from a box' stage this time last year when we were getting an extension. Its soul destroying, but worth it! Hang in there!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's happening in your life?

I took a day off work Friday and went shopping. Just general looking around, just for fun. My hubby doesn't understand it at all. How in the world can I spend a whole day shopping for nothing in particular?!

I found myself searching for the perfect top to wear to the St. Louis show. I actually bought 4 tank tops in search of the perfect hot pink! Thank God for the summer sales going on, they were very good bargains! Of course, I didn't explain to hubby why I was searching for a hot pink tank top! lol
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Good luck MS with the new school. Sounds like you are starting out with the right attitude!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Molly - glad to hear from you again. You've had a full summer indeed - and a lot of difficulties. Somehow you always manage to stay strong!

MF - Birthdays and anniversaries are hard times, but it's good that you get past it and continue to live your life. You're right - it's like that line in It's a Wonderful Life - no man is a failure who has friends. I'm glad your gigs are going well, and good luck with that new relationship!

GA - happy anniversary!

GEF - happy birthday to the husband - have a good time before and after he leaves! lol

TF - sorry the move is becoming such an ordeal. Hopefully it will progress more quickly now!

MH - Good luck starting at school!

Brooke - Glad you had a fun day! Wish I could enjoy window shopping. I go in order to get something, then I leave. Somehow, I missed out on that common X-chromosone characteristic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks TBF and Soda!
    I'm able to this study with thanks to my portfolio with only Don
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Quote Originally Posted by I Brooke View Post
    I took a day off work Friday and went shopping. Just general looking around, just for fun. My hubby doesn't understand it at all. How in the world can I spend a whole day shopping for nothing in particular?!

I found myself searching for the perfect top to wear to the St. Louis show. I actually bought 4 tank tops in search of the perfect hot pink! Thank God for the summer sales going on, they were very good bargains! Of course, I didn't explain to hubby why I was searching for a hot pink tank top! lol
    Oh that reminds me of looking for that elusive top last March Brooke! Brings me back! My hubby thinks that you go shopping with an objective in mind, you find it, fit it, buy it and go! He doesn't understand the 'browsing' concept, or why one would bother looking at something they had no intention of buying!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default What's Happening in Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley View Post
    Great that you find some tops! Glenn would love them!
    I'm still at the vacation status till Friday..and Monday college starts.. everything new and I am pretty exciting, nobody of my old schools are in my class, so I can start all over again
    Good luck with next term MH! I hope you have fun and settle in well! The portfolio sounds good too.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Oh that reminds me of looking for that elusive top last March Brooke! Brings me back! My hubby thinks that you go shopping with an objective in mind, you find it, fit it, buy it and go! He doesn't understand the 'browsing' concept, or why one would bother looking at something they had no intention of buying!
    That sounds exactly like my hubby! It must be a "man thing"!

Oh, and I am NOT wearing a suit! Jeans!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten