Page 234 of 315 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Today, my grandmother came home from the hospital and we have already found an apartment for her. In which they can draw in, in the next few days, till then she still lives with us. It is a nice apartment in an senior housing complex.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    We might have to replace our Microwave. It went out again as I was fixing some lunch. I guess takeout is an option.
    A NUKE is a necessity in MY HOUSE. I use it for the twenty-eleven cups of instant coffee I drink every day, to PopCorn, to lunch!

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Mike, I'm glad to hear your brother is doing well.

Melrose, get well soon and back here.

Koala, sounds like your Grandmother is doing well, too.

El, I hope you get a new microwave. I can't make it without mine!

My sister-in-law is also doing very well. They took her out of intensive care yesterday and moved her to a room. She is pretty weak and there is still some memory loss, but hopefully, those things will improve. They got her up for a little walk, with help, too. They are planning to move her to a rehab facility on Monday. So, things are looking good for her, but it's going to take some time to or if she gets back to normal. It's amazing that she even made it and there aren't severe disabilities.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke,

I'm unfortunately learning WAY TOO MUCH about these situations that my Brother and your SIL are going through. I send every sincere best wish for a complete recovery for your SIL.

Johnny, well, he had to choose between losing a significant amount of his brain through radiation to treat the tumor there, or DEATH. We know he will not recover that which was destroyed by the radiation. We are just hoping that he can get back to where he was before this last episode he had! He's lost mobility as well as memory. But he is showing progress. He is "thinking" and "communicating" much better today than he was three weeks ago.

This problem with "setbacks" is exacerbated by dehydration and that seems to be happening way more frequently as time passes.
    Last edited by MikeA; 01-15-2010 at 12:51 PM.

MikeA

Brooke and Koala, I'm happy to hear your encouraging news. Here's hoping things continue to get better.

Mike, how horrible to see someone you love like that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Mike, that is so sad. I hope he can get through this and come out on the better side soon.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Mike, I'am so sorry to hear that, It is so sad and horrible to see such a thing with people who you loves!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brooke, I'm glad your S-I-L continues to progress. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Mike, its a horrible choice to have to make. I hope your brother stabilises and that the dehydration improves.

Koala, I'm glad you have your grandma settled into a suitable accomodation. I hope she is happy there.

EL, I hope you find a nice microwave to replace the old one.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well, how 'bout some good news? It's a little thing but it's pretty amazing to me!

Yesterday, I went on campus to do some tutoring for a little extra cash. It was a dingy day - drizzly, just above freezing temperatures.

I had stuck my Bluetooth in the outside pocket of my purse just before leaving... MISTAKE! As I walked along from where I parked my car, it fell out, into the street! The MAIN street of the campus that is very heavily trafficked! The only problem: I didn't notice!

Only a minute after, I did notice it wasn't in my purse pocket anymore... but I had no idea where it had fallen out. In fact, I assumed it must have fallen out in my car. I didn't have time to look for it as my appointment was going to start in a few minutes, so I hurried along my way and prayed I had indeed left it in the car.

An HOUR later... I'm walking back to the car. As I get back to that street and wait to cross it, it occurs to me that I realized I didn't have the bluetooth just after crossing. I look around and lo and behold - there it is - about six inches from the curb on some dirty cement in the street!!!

I desperately want to get it, but cars are whizzing by and their wheels are all coming centimeters from the BlueTooth. I'm positive it's going to get crushed right before my eyes. As soon as there's a break in traffic, I grab it...

And it's OK. Not crushed. Not even damaged, except for some mud that got splashed on it. It still works. AFTER AN HOUR on that busy street!!

Thank Heaven for small miracles...!

Now, how do I disinfect that sucker before putting it back in my ear??

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Me Too Soda....good news I think. First, Johnny did go home yesterday. I don't know how he's doing but they felt that with home PT directed by Rhonda (his wife) that he would be okay. I do know that he made it home.

Then, this morning I got a call from my Father-in-law. He was given a gift certificate to Musician's Friend and was wanting to use it to buy a "Cakewalk" product to record guitar and violin to his computer. I nixed that pretty quickly after looking at the Program and seeing that it was good only on XP and higher OS's.

But there is a Freeware Open-Source program called AUDACITY that I can download and install for him. It requires a separate download and instal ov an MP3 codex, but that's easy enough to get him to a point that he can directly export MP3 files instead of WAV.

The problem is that while there is no way that I'm going to try to have him download and install this, I'm CERTAINLY not going to try to talk him through using it! He is not "intuitive" when it comes to anything to do with computers.

So, I'm heading out now to what may turn into an all-day adventure <LOL> But it will be a FUN adventure! And in the process, I just may find something for him to spend his money on that will really help him with recording!

Okay, I'm a GEEK. I admit it. I actually enjoy doing this sort of stuff!

UPDATE
    I have finished with my FIL. I think he picked up enough to do some basic recording with AUDACITY. Before I left, he recorded a track with his violin and then came back and recorded another under it using a guitar and using the EFFECTS was able to manipulate the level that the two instruments were recorded at so that they were pretty much in balance.

AUDACITY is pretty awesome for something that is totally FREE.
    Last edited by MikeA; 01-16-2010 at 03:54 PM.

MikeA