Page 241 of 315 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Oh Willie, you're friends are most definitly in my prayers. I sure hope that things will work out for them.

Mike, I can't wait to experience Vegas for myself. I've never been. You'll have to give me a few pointers when I get the chance to go. I'd love to see a show there too. Must've been incredibly awesome to see Santana live and in person. I'm glad that Verna is feeling better. I've come down with Bronchitus (again) so I know what she's going through.

Lou, we all can't wait to have you up and running around here again. We've missed ya. I think the reason for your laptop overheating is from you posting such HS&G pics here on The Border . I hope you get it fixed soon because, like Willie said, you owe us some FABULOUS pics when you return.

Francene finally had her surgery yesterday. Although we got a bit of a scare, everything went fine and she's finally home and resting well. We arrived at the hospital in OKC yesterday at 10am because the surgery was supposed to be at noon but she wasn't taken in till 1:45 (I don't know what the hold up was). We were told that the procedure would take 45 minutes and then she would be in recovery for an hour to an hour and a half. Well, we waited and waited and waited and waited. It felt like forever. We saw many doctors come out to talk to families and many of these families were coming and going but not one doctor or nurse came to talk to us. We really started to get worried after 2 hours. Knowing that Francene has Leukemia, we were really starting worry when no one had come to tell us ANYTHING. Even when Francene's mom had gone to ask the waiting room nurse/attendant what was going on she was told that they weren't allowed to call back there to the surgery patient area. Finally at 5:30 were were told that she we could see her. They said she was out of surgery at 3 and the doctor had apparently continued on to his next surgery. He claims he "called the waiting area but there were NO family members there." LIAR. None of us ever left the room. UGH!! We were incredibly upset about that but the important thing was that Francene was okay. It was supposed to be an out-patient surgery but Francene was in more pain than usual so she had to stay over night. She's home now and we're glad that she's doing good now. Thanks for the prayers. The support from you all here is amazing.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Gosh Jess--I bet you all were exhausted after that day!! It's hard and exhausting enough under normal circumstances to wait for someone to get out of surgery but when it takes 2 times longer to hear anything .... Glad everything worked out ok.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

So glad to hear Francene is ok.

Jess, can't believe that Dr pulled that stunt. You know He knows that when family is waiting they are not just going to disappear...He just got the wrong waiting room when he called (if he called) and didn't have the courtesy to take the time to make sure he called the right one.

And any time you decide to go to Vegas, holler. We don't to the "luxury trips". And we don't do a lot down on the Strip. We do make ventures onto the Strip for shows or really special deals. Like a FREE room at "Paris" Wednesday. Beautiful room....but we didn't stay there.

MikeA

Thanks for the update on Francene - oh my gosh - I can't imagine how stressful it must have been not hearing anything for so long! I'm so glad she's doing well, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Peek, I'm so glad that Francene is doing well, she is still in my prayers and thoughs!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Peek, I'm very happy to hear that Francene is home & doing well. Not fair that your family had to go through that at the hospital.

Stuck on the Border

Hello to everyone and hope you're all doing well.

I needed to slink away for a while and try to take care of some "issues" going on in my life. Nothing solved yet -but I'm determined to start making some changes around here. Wish me luck.

Jess- a rude doctor? 25 years of working in a hospital -I've never come across such a thing! I'd be willing to bet the doctor was the reason for the late start, and then having a day that was not going as scheduled, didn't even bother to check in with the family.

Thankfully, most docs aren't like that -but there are a few. Your family should get an opportunity to "rate" how the hospital experience was -don't hold back on your opinions.

Anyway -hope Francene continues on her road to recovery. Good luck and many prayers to her.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Molly!! Great to hear from you again. I hope you are sorting those 'issues', and keeping well as well.

Mike, certainly sounds like your holiday is having its ups and downs. We tend to get copies of any perscriptions that we need before we head away so we have the bit of paper if the script needs to be filled.

Jess I'm delighted things went well for Francene and that she is back home recuperating from her surgery, but that must have been a nightmare wait.

Francene reminds me of..... Maleah, How is Amber doing? Hope everything is going ok for her as well.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks everybody. Francene is doing much better now. Still a bit sore and tired but much better than before. She told me that her mom gave that doctor an ear full when they FINALLY got to speak with him. Francene said she didn't really like the doctor from the start but he's the doc that the Indian clinic chose for her. She said he's fairly young and didn't seem very professional. Even still, he should've had the courtesy to make sure we knew that everything went fine with the surgery because we were worried sick.

And Molly, thanks for the info. I'm sure that Francene's mom and my mom will report to the proper people about what happened. Also, I hope everything turns around for you and that those issues get sorted out soon.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."