Page 243 of 315 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Brooke & Mike, good to hear that your family members, it corresponded to the circumstances going quite well!

Brooke, enjoy your vacation.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Good to hear things are getting a bit better for your families Brooke & Mike.

Brooke---I'm so jealous but have a great trip!! Be sure a take a picture of the sunshine for us please!

Lisa--gotta keep that fund well stocked because you just never know when they will be back in your neck of the woods.

Mike-you sound so much like Larry when it comes to that sound system. The speakers we had were big enough, so he got bigger ones. Then the equalizer (I think it was) wasn't strong enough to give those speakers their best potential, etc..... It's never finished. The neighbors will hate us this year during our Saturday vinyl nights.

Feeling a bit down today. Fat Tuesday, my father always made a trip to our house bringing Paczkis (a Polish pastry-no we are not Polish, he just loved them) from his favorite bakery along with other goodies. It's funny how something so simple as Fat Tuesday will make me miss him so much as I remember those pilgrimages. Katie also apparently, as she mentioned a bit ago that Grandpa always brought fresh baked bread also, usually still warm, and brought along real butter so that they didn't have to eat the "lard" (margarine) that I have here. LOL I have a friend that has brought us a box of them every year since he died to keep up the tradition. The first year, it was only 3 months after he died and I broke down in tears when I saw her walk in the door with them. Bless her! I'm surprised the bakery is still in business without my father's weekly visits.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

Mike-you sound so much like Larry when it comes to that sound system. The speakers we had were big enough, so he got bigger ones. Then the equalizer (I think it was) wasn't strong enough to give those speakers their best potential, etc..... It's never finished. The neighbors will hate us this year during our Saturday vinyl nights.
    It's the AMP Willie..the AMP! Need mo powr!!!!! Makes LOUD things that are QUIET! Used in conjunction with Vinyl with that quip in the center "MADE TO BE PLAYED LOUD". We can NEVER get "enough" POWER.

The last audio amp I had (not counting guitar amps) was 100 RMS watts per channel into 8ohm speakers...but mine were 4 ohm. My speakers sucked the amp dry until I finally blew up the speakers....then blew the amp letting my son use it as a guitar amp!

Need Mo Powr!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

You are correct sir! It was the amp that he bought last weekend at the record show. You might remember last year when we had moved the stereo back inside for the winter before last--Larry blew up not 1 but 2 sets of speakers....on the same night!!!! The speakers weren't big enough for the amp--bigger speakers and then the amp wasn't big enough for the speakers. I'm hoping the new amp means everything is just right now!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Willie, good memories are wonderful. Enjoy yours. Even though they make you a bit sad, they are nice to have.

Tomorrow would have been my Dad's 84th birthday. Even though he was, sometimes, a pain in the butt, I have many, many wonderful memories of him and miss him alot.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm hoping the new amp means everything is just right now!
    Forget that! You NEVER have big enough speakers and a powerful enough amp. I'll bet he's already looking at bigger and better (and LOUDER).

MikeA

Brooke and Willie, it must be very hard to go through these milestones without your dads - it sounds like both of you are doing a good job of holding on to those good memories, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'll echo what Nancy said. Thinking of you, Brooke & Willie.

Just a quick post to say that my laptop arrived a little while ago, repaired. This is the first time I've switched it on, and everything seems to be running smoothly. Fingers crossed! I can't wait to catch up on all the posts and threads properly.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Great news about your laptop Lou! I know I couldn't live without mine! I miss your incredibly HSG Pics of Don and the guys

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Awwwww Lou! Thats brilliant. I hope everything is sorted to your satisfaction and that there will be NO more problems. Good luck and happy posting.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP