Page 254 of 315 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3150

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

Soda, thanks for your encouragement with the walk. It is supposed to rain here for the next few days, so I'm sure those malls will come in handy for walking!

I'm impressed Stars. Keep on walkin'.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That's wonderful Stars!! Good luck!!

GOS--Glad to see you back!! Hope everything is calming down for you a bit now. You have a long haul ahead the way it sounds.

I'm a bit excited today. Dillon is coming home this afternoon for spring break. Haven't seen him since the end of Christmas break. He's been so busy at school and is doing so well. He has made it into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and Phi Eta Sigma/Alpha Lambda Delta, both organizations are for the top 20%. He went back to being Vegan again when he went back to school after his last break. He had lost some weight from all the walking and eating better before, but since he went to school in August, he has lost 45 lbs.. which sounds extreme but he is a very big man, well over 6 foot and big bodied. We told him he's doing everything backwards for a freshman---you're suppose to struggle with your grades and gain the "freshman 15".
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Aw, have fun with Dillon, Willie! Sounds like everything's going well for him right now. 45lbs is impressive!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Good luck, Stars!

Willie, it's amazing to see how much they change during college. Peter is almost unrecognizable. He went off as a freshman in t-shirts and ripped jeans. And now, he's wearing Calvin Klein shirts and actually putting gel in his hair! He's lost about 30 lbs. since football ended. He still eats more than I thought humanly possible.

He just had a birthay a few weeks ago and his dad and I just gave him money for a gift. Normally, that cash in hand would have meant a trip to Best Buy to blow every penny of it, but this year he put it towards a nice tailored suit to wear to job interviews.

He just had an interview with Northwestern Mutual Insurance. When he told me about it, my first thought was, "Didn't Glenn do a private solo show in Milwaukee for NW Mutual a few years ago?"

Star, good luck with your walking! That's something I should be doing so I admire you!

Willie, enjoy spring break with Dillon!

Molly, you must have raised Peter right!

Stars, good luck with your walk!
    Wlllie, have fun with Dillon!

Today we have cleared the house of my grandparents, without my Granny, since the death of my grandfather she was no longer in the house! So many beautiful memories, of my Grandpa, went through my head while working! Finally, when the house was empty, it was a strange feeling, because I spent so many happy hours in this house.
    Now we just have to find a buyer for the house!
    Last edited by Koala; 03-13-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Hang on to those memories and cherish them.

Thanks everyone for the best wishes for my walking! I may have to miss today, since I have to work and when I get home I may not feel up to heading to a mall. However, tomorrow and Monday I can catch up on my miles!
    Koala, I know exactly how you feel, as we cleared out my parents' house after they passed away. There were so many wonderful memories that came up during that time and we shared them all. As for selling the house, it went much faster than I ever imagined. Good luck in selling it-keep us posted!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Our home town girls basketball team is on the road to the Final Four today! A win today puts them in the State playoffs next week! I have 2 nieces and a great niece on the team!

GOOD LUCK LADIES!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten