Page 3 of 315 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: What's happening in your life?

Geez-does life ever slow down and quit throwing curve balls? My mom is still in the hospital and her youngest sister was put in the hospital and put on life support last week. I received a call last night from another aunt telling me they are going to take her off of the support this morning because there is no hope now. I have to tell my mother this morning. She is suppose to be coming home on Friday after 8 weeks in the hospital, I hope this doesn't set her back any. While my dad was sick, before he died last year, my mom lost 2 brothers within 2 months of each other and now this!! Makes you want to stop answering the phone, getting the mail, etc... Never know what's next.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

TBF- Sorry to hear about your aunt. Sometimes it does seem like life throws us more than we can handle. Just remember that how you handle all of it is the important thing. Know that everything happens for a reason. And there will be better times ahead.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What a lot you are going through TBF. You are an Angel. I hope your mom stays on track after that devastating news. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers to your family Here's A BIG for you.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm so sorry to hear this devastating news, TBF. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I am so sorry about all the sickness in your family, TBF. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Oh Willie, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, and wish you strength when you have to tell your mother. You have had a tough couple of years by the sound of it. I'll be thinking of you and hope that your and your family can look forward to better times soon.

MF, that is wonderful news about your new relationship. He sounds like a good man. I really hope things work out for you.

MH, good luck at your new college!

GA, glad you had a lovely anniversary meal. That view sounds amazing.

We had a nice short break last weekend. Unbeknown to hubby I'd booked us a night in a hotel in Cornwall, right down in Penzance near Lands End. I drove him down in abysmal weather, rain and mist, and he really had no idea until we turned up the side road to the hotel! We had a lovely room with a view over the harbour and the sea towards St Michaels Mount. Fortunately the weather gave us a break for 24 hours, and we walked to a restaurant in the evening and finished off in an Irish(!) bar listening to live music. Next morning it was nearly sunny, and we had a longish walk along the cliffs to a couple of old haunts from our courting days 25 years ago! In the evening, the boys had arranged a Chinese meal for us, so the day ended with a nice family meal at home.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

TBF- Im new here and just learning about everyone, but I just wanted to say Im really sorry about your Mom and your Aunt. It sounds like you're going through a really hard time right now. I went through a similar rough time when I lost my sister, but the best I can say besides you're in my prayers, is distraction! Turn off the phone and say you're on vacation (I like the way that sounds... now where have I heard that before? *grin*)
    My best hopes for your Mom and prayers for your Aunt.

GEF- What a great idea kidnapping the Hubs for a weekend! I might try that too! Our anniversery is coming up in November. Maybe we'll hit the coast for a romantic weekend. Who cares if the weather is bad, we'll get a storm-watchers room and settle in. *wicked grin* Could be fun without the kids!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Good luck with next term MH! I hope you have fun and settle in well! The portfolio sounds good too.
    Thanks GA!
    And GEF of course!

TBF, I'm so sorry to hear this! Take care and I'm thinking of you and your family!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default What's Happening in Your Life?

Gef, sounds like you had a lovely weekend with hubby! And how nice of your boys when you got home!

And MH, good luck at college from me, too. Study hard girl!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks Brooke!
    It's gonna work! I can listen the whole day to the Eagles and Don so it's gonna be ok!

And yes indeed GEF, it sounds indeed lovely!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..