Page 54 of 315 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

gef--Good Luck with EVERYTHING on your plate right now. My thoughts are with you.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Awe Gef , I hope you can find a little *you* time with all that mess happening. My best wishes for your Mom and Dad and, as for Hubs, I really hope maybe he can get ti understand your need to escape here occasionally with all the stress you're dealing with. He sounds a little like MY hubs *G* Best to you!

Brooke, I have to admit, When I saw the picture of you and your parents at the anniversary, I thought they looked fantastic! I guess you just never know. Again, my best to you!

GEF, I'm so sorry to hear that your parents still aren't doing well. Hopefully this caretaker will make sure they at least are getting their meds straight and all that. As for your husband - UGH! I swear! I will never understand why some men resent their wives giving the least bit of attention to something that doesn't involve them. What harm does it do for you to come on here? Quite the contrary; it gives you stress relief and a feeling of community. Everyone needs a hobby (perhaps he should get one so he has less time to get on your case).

It's not as if you're sneaking off to have an affair, get stoned, get drunk, or feed a gambling addiction with the household money. He should be grateful his worst complaint is that you are a big fan of a rock group and enjoy spending some time posting about them. Maybe he wouldn't find that so horrific if he were in the shoes of someone with a wife who has REAL vices, someone who didn't take care of the children, didn't keep the house, and didn't even love him! There are many men who face THAT kind of wife every day and I'm sure they'd scoff at your husband making such a big deal about you occasionally visiting a freaking message board.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Maybe we should start a fan site for the Hubbys!! *G* the Dipsy chicks.. Heart, Dilana (for mike.. heheehe) who else? OH! The Pussycat dolls!! (not that they can sing, but they'd definitely be a hobby for the guys!)

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Maybe we should start a fan site for the Hubbys!! *G* the Dipsy chicks.. Heart, Dilana (for mike.. heheehe) who else? OH! The Pussycat dolls!! (not that they can sing, but they'd definitely be a hobby for the guys!)
    Do agree Ticky, lol.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Brooke, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I pray he will be doing better soon.
    GEF, I am thinking of you as you are going through all your family difficulties, too.

Hey everyone! I've missed y'all over the past few months. I've missed so much...
    I hope everyone is doing as well as can be. I am hardly ever online anymore due to the chaos my life has become. The second week of September, hubby was laid-off and he's still unemployed. My brother-in-law was diagnosed last month with lymphoma and given a 60% chance the chemo will work. I work retail so have worked 75 hours in the last 6 days. Calgon take me away! lol I keep telling myself i just have to survive holiday. Once January hits I'll be luck to pull 20 hours a week. I seriously need an Eagles fix. lol

Welcome back, PLS! Good to hear from you again!
    Sorry to hear about your hubby losing his job (sadly, here is a lot of that going around--I lost mine in October). I wish him luck in his job search, and I hope the chemo is successful on your brother-in-law.

Understandable, PLS. Hopefully things will be looking up soon, especially with D getting a job and your B-I-L.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My little band has a gig playing at a Christmas party this Saturday night and at band practice this weekend I found out that the lead singer and bass player, both huge Eagles fans, have added No More Cloudy Days and Heartache Tonight to the set list.

I love band practice!