Page 6 of 315 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's happening in your life?

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    This evening marks the start of my husband's adventure doing the long distance footpath, GR20, in Corsica. He left earlier, and both of us were a bit choked - it's the longest he's been away since he left the Navy in 1992. It means I'll have free rein to come here though!
    Hope your husband has a safe and enjoyable adventure!

Awww, how sweet about both of you being a bit choked up for being apart!

My adventure to Pebble Beach was the longest I had been away from Steve (he'd been away on trips, but not the other way around). If I remember correctly, I got over being away from him rather quickly. Can't recall what or who it was that distracted me, though.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

SS and ticky, your family scrapbooks sound wonderful. I've started some of that myself and plan on getting more into it this winter, too. I had the opportunity to go to a library last evening and looked up a couple of events from the 50's that I had been curious about and was very pleased to actually find articles about them. That has spawned much more curiosity!

Gef, how long will hubby be gone? I know how it is as my hubby also has to be away part of the time for work. It can be a bit lonely, but I usually can find plenty to keep me busy and lots of time for being here, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

GAF and Brooke - I have some wonderful internet sites I'll share with you as soon as I get my computer back. SOMEhow I got a nasty little virus on it and it's D-E-D right now Grrrrr.... Cliffy (hubs) is going to work on it tonight then I'll send you some really helpful sites for research! It's a lot of fun.

GAF- Now that your hubby is off on such a wonderful adventure, it'll give you some time. It does sound like really exciting! I hope he has a great experiance. I know you'll miss him, but a little "me" time is always great! Have fun! (I suggest a pedicure/foot massage and a great book!)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That would be great, ticky!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

So I really haven;t beend arund here in awhile because I'm getting ready for my last year of high school (classes and picking colleges.). I'm pretty sure once I get into the flow of school I'll be aroung a lot more.

Sodan and ticky: That's really cool. My aunt did one for my father's side of the family it turned out really nice had some really cool stuff.
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

TGOS- My daughter is doing the same thing! This is her senior year too. Do you know where you'll be going to college? Jenni, my daughter, is thinking about Berkley but she has some good friends who are going to Portland State so she may end up there. That'd be better for me, I could actually see her occasionally!
    I took Jenni to see the Farewell I concert when it came to Portland and she was a big Eagle's fan for a few years (I think she still is a closet Eagles fan. I peeked at her Ipod the other day *grin*) I know she likes to steal my concert shirt! If she touches my Joe shirt it could get ugly! *grin*
    Good luck in school this year! Senior year is the best!

Ticky thats really cool. I'm thinking about WVU its about 90 mins from Parkersburg. Thats really cool that you took her to see them (me and my mom were gonna go but i had to have my tonsils removed and wasn't allowed to leave the house). If you were to go through my iPod you would find alot of Eagles on there, And i totally understand about the Joe shirt
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Gef, how long will hubby be gone? I know how it is as my hubby also has to be away part of the time for work. It can be a bit lonely, but I usually can find plenty to keep me busy and lots of time for being here, too!
    Brooke, he's away for three weeks, and I am certainly going to find plenty of time to come here and look at all the Eagles stuff that I have!

Ticky, I'm looking forward to some 'me time' too!

GOS, good luck with your new term, and also to your daughter, Ticky. My younger son has just finished school and is taking a year out before university

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default What's Happening in Your Life?

gef-good luck to your husband.

My mom has a lot of history of my father's side of the family that dates back generations that is really interesting. She has managed to keep in touch with several relatives in Germany that she communicated with when finding the info.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

GEF, wish hubby good luck!

I read a couple of minutes ago that a girl who I know, did suicide ...
    I talked with her a week ago and I missed her so much (that was the first time in 2 years that we talked again)... and now.. :'( I can't think now..
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..