Page 9 of 315 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in Your Life?

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: What's Happening in Your Life?

GAF ~ Glad your honey is doing so well and has the luxury of a hotel tonight! Also glad to hear how much you're enjoying your "Me time"

My oldest daughter scratched her eye saturday morning and by sunday morning it was swollen and hurt so bad she couldnt sleep or see! We took her to the Urgent Care Clinic. They gave her some eye drops that numbed her eye and told her to see an Optomologist monday morning. (That took 5 hours btw..) The next morning the Optomologist told us that we had waited too long and there could be possible infection! YIKES! they gave us antibiotics and pain pills. They also told us that the numbing solution they'd given us in the clinic was very BAD for eye injuries and it may have actually DAMAGED her eyes! I spent 3 hours in the pharmacy before going home. Then we spent the rest of that day dosing her eyes every 30 mins with antibiotics and every OTHER 30 mins with eye moisteners (so every 15 mins with something) and to top that off she's been on heavy duty pain pills for 3 days!
    TODAY Cliff stayed home and took her to the doctor who told her to take ONE more day of antibiotics (a smaller dossage though so only 4 times a day..) and Cliff has been helping a lot. A small Mommy break from my hubs, bless his sweet little melon. Now if I can get him to take our OTHER daughter to swimming lessons, Mommy will really have some time off!! (I have beans to can! Im too busy! *grin*) Does canning beans count as "me time"? *grin* probably not, but hanging out on the border with your friends sure does!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Soda, I'm delighted your first day went so well and that you are happy with your classes, although I agree that there should be more women taking up those computer courses.

GEF, I'm glad to hear that your hubby's walk is progressing to schedule. I hope he enjoys his night in a hotel. I hope you enjoy YOUR night on the Border (Who got the better deal there I wonder???)

Ticky, That sounds like some ordeal for your daughter. I hope her eye recovers quickly. It is such an uncomfortable part of the body to injure.

And NO! Canning beans is NOT me-time, as it doesn't involve your feet being up, alcoholic beverages, soft music and a computer, book or guitar!! Do you think for one moment that if your hubby was left alone to mow the lawn or paint the fence that he would call it me-time?

Dreamer, thanks for your sympathetic words. As I said in a previous thread a very good friend and colleague of my husbands passed away peacefully in the early hours of this morning. I've known him about 12 years from the time before we were married. Paul has been asked to be one of the pall bearers at the funeral. Apparently Mark had made a kind of 'wish list' for his funeral and has asked for this. So as we will be attending his wake tomorrow and the funeral will be Thursday things will be just a little hectic around here for the next few days. Coupled with the fact that Laura returns to school on Thursday. Again, thanks to all of you (including MF who has been in touch with me by email) who are keeping Mark and his family in your prayers. .
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have been snowed under with assignments over the last two weeks, which is good to bring in some $$$ but I haven't had time to keep up in here. My apologies for not making personal comments to everyone, although I did finally get a chance to read the whole thread.

Soda, I'm glad your first day back at school went well. My daughter Bamagal began her second year at the U of Montevallo Monday too, the same day the area was under a tornado watch all day. We have been pelted by rain that spun off from Hurricane Fay for almost a week now. Thankfully, everyone is safe and the sun actually peeked out this afternoon.
    Ticky, that same daughter had a similar experience with scratching her eye when she was about 5. I was working fulltime then, so I sent her on to kindergarden and went on to work. I felt so bad when her teacher called and said she wouldn't even open her eye because it hurt so bad. We had to do the drops every few hours just like you, and fortunately everything turned out okay. The good news is the the Dr said the eye is one of the quickest parts of the body to heal.

Ticky, I hope your daughter's eye gets better soon. Sounds like quite an ordeal. My younger son had a blocked tear duct when he was a baby, so we got used to dosing him with eyedrops. Good luck with the beans! After a disastrous summer here I have no gluts of vegetables to deal with, but I do have a lot of apples to prepare.

GA, I'll be thinking of you and your friends over the next few days.

DF, good luck to Bamagla in her new term.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ticky, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's eye. It sounds awful. I hope she recovers completely and is back to normal soon.

I managed to burn my eye several years ago, so I can imagine the pain. Klutz that I am, the curling iron slipped out of my hand and managed to hit my eyeball! Just slightly, but it hurt awful and hubby had to take me to the emergency room. It teared so much that I couldn't open my eye at all. I just knew I was going to be blind. It all turned out ok, but I did have to have anitbiotics, pain killers, and a patch over that eye for 2 days. I was rendered helpless for 2 days! I knew then what it must be like to go blind and was so thankful when it healed quickly. And the doctor told me then that the eye usually heals very quickly.

And no, ticky, canning beans does not count for me time! I've done that and it is NOT fun! I agree with Ga wholeheartedly!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hope your daughter's eye gets better ticky - those things are terrible to endure!

Seems like everyone's keeping busy. Good luck to BamaGal with her studies.

"Me time" - fun. Working - not so fun. I can't wait for the weekend!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

We went to the Doctors AGAIN this morning but everything is moving along. He did say he didnt think it was healing as fast as it should but the doctor yesterday (Dr. Joe's (yes Dr. JOE!!! how cool is that?) little brother Dr. TIM!! bwhahahahahaha) said it was a ragged injury so it would take some time. DR. Joe said to stay the course with treatment and Jen is actually seeing out her good eye without pain so this is good news.

I actually really like canning so this is kind of fun, but it is also a lot of hard work. Mostly I get to spend some time in the garden picking stuff. Today it's tomatos and more beans.. IF it doesnt rain! AGAIN!

Thanks for all your well wishes. We're doing good!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

A Little late on this but Soda good luck with the teaching and classes.

Ticky-glad to hear that daughters eye is doing better. Those are always painful and bothersome. My husband in notorious for eye injuries.

GEF-glad husband is doing well on his walking trip. That does sound like fun.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Ticky - Hope her eye would be soon better!
    Hahaha Dr. Joe and Dr. Tim? how cool!

Soda - good luck with teaching!

GEF - I'm glad he's doing fine!

I had a terrible day..yesterday it was a long and heavy day, we had to walk 2,5 hours through the city and answering some questions about art and monuments and whatever, we didn't walk but still it was long and boring.
    Today I had an English and Dutch test, to see if you're good enough in those languages so that you doesn't have to follow extra classes (English was easy and Dutch sucked..how crazy is that?) and the 5 hours before that we didn't do anything, oh I forgot almost the fabulous color class... (fabulous..you're right..) and when I was finally home, my best friend called and said she was coming over because she had some great and funny news, so ok she came. And she told me that she had an accident 3 days ago and she broke her arm, and she's laughing of it..I couldn't follow her with that..
    Tomorrow I don't have college, independence day or something in Groningen, so college's and schools aren't having classes! yeeh...
    Good that was my intressting day..
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Mrs. H ~ Yikes! sounds like a FULL day! Im glad you have a day off. We have monday off and we'll be going up to the cabin for one last good time before the summer ends. It's always hard to close it all up for the summer.

School starts the day after we get home so Jenni is worried about wearing an eye patch to school. Fortunatly she had her ID picture taken a few days befor she hurt her eye so she's not a pirate in her ID pic.

I hope your friends arm is alright! I cant even imagine what could be funny about an accident like that. But sometimes it's easier to laugh then to cry.
    Have a great day off~

(could you imagine having Joe and Tim as your Doctors??? *grin*)