In reading through this thread, I noticed several interesting things.

Post #6, Dreamer brought up a very good point about how vastly different the first album, Eagles, is to The Long Run. Yet, the fans were there all the way thru. I always liked the early albums, but liked their music more and more as each new album came along. The Long Run, to this day, is still my favorite with LROOE very often, neck in neck.

Post #7, I agree with PM. For me it is also very hard for me to think of In The City as an Eagles song and not just a Joe Walsh song.

Post #9
, FP writes, "This time of year will always be special to me as people who have been following my buildup to when I saw the album for the first time will appreciate." You and I both!!! And I remember reading this a year ago and thinking to myself at least I'm not the only one~~~ "
The Disco Strangler - hugely underrated."

Post #11, Soda writes, " It's DISCO STRANGLER, which I forced myself to listen to in order to do my review but still makes my ears bleed (sorry Willie)!"

Post #14
, If you don't read anything else in this thread, read Soda's ranking of the songs on this album and KNOW that as much as I love her, her and I do not see eye to eye much on this album.

Post #22, my response to Soda, "So Soda--tell us how you really feel! ) LOVE your reviews--they crack me up-(even when you're wrong ."

In this post from me, I also go on to explain how I don't pay attention to who's singing what part in a song and such. I had to chuckle over that because while listening and writing my notes for the upcoming Survivor, on a couple of songs I actually posted that I love how distinguishable each voice is and how you can actually point out which part is sung by which Eagle. See, I've learned something from all of you this last year!!