Thread: Eagles, Acer Arena Sydney 6/12/10

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border

Default Acer Arena Sydney 6/12/10

First of all Acer is a much bigger venue than the Entertainment Centre, so although I was front row it seemed that I was much further away. I was in front of Steuart so I had a very good view of him, as well as Will, Richard & the horn section. I had a good view of Joe but I was too far away from Glenn. This made me wish that I had taken more care with the photos on the first night but that cannot be helped now. While I did try to take photos the camera just won't do closeups even when I zoom it in & I had all the same problems I had before trying to get it to focus. There are a couple which I think are not too bad but I won't be able to load them until tomorrow.

I thought the atmosphere seemed a bit more relaxed on stage as if the band wanted to have a bit more fun. You could tell that by the looks they were giving each other. It's hard to remember which songs - there was a moment during LBG when Don gave Joe a big smile. Glenn did one smile after PEF I think which was a classic - it was like 'I'm good & I know I am'.

This was probably Don's best performance so far as he seemed really involved & committed. Unfortunately however, he was not on stage during RMW. The percussionist Roberto Chivara played his part. I didn't notice until halfway through the song & I was very disappointed. I suppose he was trying to save himself for Desperado as he said before BOML that he had a cold. However, after Desperado I was given a really nice, long smile from him which was full of appreciation (as opposed to Glenn, who I cannot get to come anywhere near me at the end). So that was worth the wait.

I got a sweet little smile from Joe during 'though I know you're not home' during BOS because I sort of shook my head at him. I made sure I watched his solos during LROOE & they are fantastic. He is such a crowd pleaser.

I hardly saw Tim all night so it was lucky I had already had my experiences with him. He was good as always. He shares the high parts in NMCD now.

Glenn is Glenn (which means I will fall at his feet any chance I get). I had to wait for him to turn his head before I could even hope for any contact. I got it during 'anticipating' in Lyin' Eyes but there wasn't a great deal. He was on very good form vocally - he did a real growl in the first verse of Somebody which was great. He was wearing the same plaid shirt he wore in the second half last Tuesday - he didn't change it.

Before the show I had another conversation with the security guy who now knew who I was, & I said to him that I would really like a pick. Within minutes he came back & handed me a little pouch containing four picks (why does Tim need one) & I was so grateful. Now that is something I will cherish forever.

I am just sorry I can't give you more details on all of this! It's been a long ride.
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-31-2010 at 06:15 PM.