It's tricky, isn't it. I'm like Deb in the sense that I'm usually pretty happy to take what I can get when it comes to the guys, but I think, as Soda said, there should be balance. When Neil Young went on stage years ago and played the entire Tonight's The Night album from beginning to end, refusing to play any tracks from Harvest, he got booed and people were fuming and demanding their money back. Whether you agree with it or not, it is generally expected that at least some hits will be played. I don't think it is just the casual fans who want to hear the hits either; I think quite a few of us "hardcore" fans would be a bit disappointed if we didn't hear Lyin' Eyes or Take It To The Limit at an Eagles show!

Most musicians will say that, although they want to play newer stuff too, they would never disrespect their old, successful songs because they allowed them to get to where they are now. Those songs mean a lot to fans on an emotional level and I'm sure they actually enjoy playing the old hits and feeling the intense reaction from the audience. In a sense, I think it's like a little thank you for sticking with them for so many years.

It is a bit of a shame that Joe isn't playing a few more songs from Analog Man, but I have no explanation for that. Maybe he just thinks other songs play better in a live show and he feels that the tour might be enough to whet some appetites... Who knows! I will say that Joe's solo show in Tulsa back in May was fantastic and he seemed genuinely happy, content, and very pleased with where he is at the moment musically and personally. I don't think for one second it's that he has a crippling lack of confidence in his new material, even if it comes across that way.