Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
I didn't know about all this. I didn't read much of the press at the time. I also thought the partnership was more equal, Don makes it sounds like Glenn is bossing him around. It surprises me Glenn would do that, he must know how valuable Don is and he's always complimenting him.

Don was just being honest about his feelings so you have to respect that. Maybe he just wanted people to know who were criticizing the choice to make it a double album that it wasn't his fault. I don't agree with him but I can understand why he would want to distance himself from a choice he didn't make if he was embarrassed by that choice.

We don't know what Don would have kept either so maybe he would have dropped some of his own songs, although they are all so wonderful I don't know what he would have dropped.

There's such a thing as being too honest though. What he said about Tim and Joe makes them look pretty bad, some things are better left unsaid at least to the press.
Glenn 'bosses Don around' because Glenn is the band leader. Glenn has deferred to Don's wishes on numerous occasions. Look at Hell Freezes Over & the band's current setlist.

And yes, Glenn does know what Don's worth is. It is a shame that Don never feels the need to show similar appreciation of Glenn.

I cannot agree that Don's songs on LROOE are all 'so wonderful'. In my opinion Fast Company could have been dropped, as could Centre Of The Universe, although I do like that. There are a few people here who I don't believe would have shed many tears if the album did not contain Frail Grasp On The Big Picture (again, I like the song a lot).

As others have said, no matter what Don's private feelings were, once the album was released he should have attempted to show solidarity & help put up a united front. The 'it wasn't my fault!' approach is in my view extremely disrespectfull to his bandmates.

Still it should be remembered that after this particular interview the subject didn't really come up again. Until now, that is.