Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
To answer your question TT, HOBBY LOBBY is a craft store like Michaels. But Hobby Lobby has so much more than Michaels IMO or least in the stores in Houston. HL has some really nice decorative items for the house. I have purchased many decorative accents for my home such as pillows, lamps, wall art, vases, etc. They also carry the typical craft items for scrapbooking, parties, painting, sewing etc. I also like the fact that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays so their employees can participate in their worship services and have a day of rest.

Hope you don't mind me answering BR. And I hope you found the canvas you were looking for.
No problem at all, Houston Hobby Lobby is really new to California. I think they have mostly all their stores in the Mid-West, but just recently, two have or are opeing up in our local Bay Area.

Haha, after all that talk of me going, I drove over there and it wasn't even opened for business yet. I saw the "Coming Soon" sign up. Ahhh, so I went to Aaron Brothers (another frame, arts and craft store) and after that I also went to Michael's (we have those here, too

TT, I know what you mean about the local craft stores. I try to support them, too. A lot of ours have closed up for business. One local one was called the Hobby Depot. I loved that place as a child. It was in a really old building and it was just chalk full of fun craft items. I also liked Benjamin Franklin Crafts and House of Fabrics.

Oh, and I could not locate a canvas that had less texture, so I think I am going to have to either buy one online or go to Dick Blick/Utrecht in Berkeley.