Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post

I agree with you, except that I don't think Frey should have performed the song. That's Meisner's song, he sung it so well that he will always own it, so it's best leave it to him. I completely respect Timmy for the way he went about making his own way in the band. He's a class act, in my opinion.

But Frey had a point. TITTL is also my favorite. If I went to see them live and Meisner didn't sing it, I know that I'd be really disappointed. I'm not sure if Meisner had a problem with the whole song or just that massive high note at the end. I wish I knew why they didn't just drop the key like he did in his solo career.

Meisner strikes me as a modest person, but I'll bet he's also stubborn as hell. Granted, I don't know that for a fact, but that's the vibe I get from him. It's always the quiet ones you have to watch. LOL

I wish that he was still singing.

*All of this is only my opinion.
Glenn wrote the music for TITTL so in my view it was as much 'his' song as it was Meisner's. He had every right to sing it - far more so than Tim did, the person so many think should have sung it.