Ok, judge. The jury has reached a decision.

And I vote for:

Heartache Tonight for the win!

I don't want to diminish The Long Run. In fact I feel bad for not picking it. I feel it's a far better song than some give it credit for and it's my second favorite on the album if not tied, but I have to pick something, so HT it is. I think The Long Run sums up the Eagles and DH/GF relationship from that time and beyond and I think it shouldn't be looked down upon just because it takes influence from "Tryin' To Live My Life Without You". It's not an exact copy, and I feel that personally, it's not valid enough of a reason for me to not like it, at least IMO. I feel it has really stood the test of time well and is a top 3 track on the album.

Now, why Heartache Tonight when I've campaigned so hard for the title track above and before now? Well...

I just prefer the harder edged sound and Glenn's gritty vocal and the fact that it really is my favorite Glenn vocal outside of AG and TIE. It just has that sound that maybe he isn't as known for compared to the smoother voice but is great. I think it has a very raw sound. Then there is the guitars. Joe's slide solo is fantastic and I think it really adds a lot to it. I was not happy with the HOTE version of it, but it was still good.

It was the hardest decision for me in all of the Survivors I've done honestly as I'm so passionate about both songs. But I feel I've made the right choice.