Quote Originally Posted by Don Felder
DF: Unfortunately, it is primarily marketed at the Eagles audience – people who know me primarily through my success with the Eagles, obviously. And a lot of people read the book, and even though they derive a great deal of information about me, and enjoy a lot of the chapters about my early years, they’re really waiting to get to the salacious, juicy parts – all the dirt that was going on behind the Eagles story. So yeah, I think a lot of people focus on that, and obviously the press does. But as far as Rolling Stone, the Eagles, meaning Don Henley and [longtime band manager] Irving Azoff, have a great romance with Jann Wenner [Rolling Stone’s founder and publisher]. I knew going in to submitting my book for a review of that magazine, as well as in the Eagles cover article that came out the following month, that most likely it was going to be negatively reviewed and I’d be negatively portrayed in that article.
Well, Don, when the book has the title "My Life In The Eagles" the people that buy the book are interested and are focused on the parts about The Eagles! That's what got their attention and what they're interested in hearing about. Why didn't you name it "The Life Of Don Felder" if you wanted to focus the attention on yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Felder
And yet by the ‘70s, once I was in the Eagles, I was drugged into promiscuity and drugs and alcohol.
And you never did any of these things before this time, ever? Hmmmmm...... He may not have checked his facts on that one!

At least I now somewhat understand his gripe about wanting to jam once in a while with the guys rather than play the songs night after night, note for note, exactly like the albums. He explained that really well. To him that was boring and left him a bit unsatisfied. "No creative spontaneity. No fun. All business."

Thanks for sharing that SS. Very interesting.