I've debated about making this thread for long enough now and it's finally time to just do it. I think Steuart has brought a LOT to this band. You may prefer Don Felder, that's fine. You may even harbor resentment to him for taking his place (lord knows I did at one point as a Felder fanatic). I think he's probably the most versatile guitarist they've ever had. And he really brought a lot to the LROOE recordings I feel.

He's as Glenn said in the doc, a terrific musician. He has a unique fingerstyle and pinch harmonic technique, which does make him stand out from Felder - even playing note for note. He can play country equally as well as rock and roll and blues, and he's a great studio musician. He's also brought a lot to Don's solo shows over the years. He's very much a big part of their sound. He can play Bernie Leadon parts and Don Felder parts. He really works well with Joe too, and they've developed a cool thing onstage I feel, over the years. Is it like Felder and Walsh in the 70s, maybe not. But I feel that they both enjoy playing together. And while he's not an Eagle and wasn't in the trenches, he's earned his place in the band's history. I'm glad they included a part on him in the HOTE doc. I feel like that was a nice tip of the hat and very well done.

I just watched F1 recently and I really was mesmerized by his playing. I've always thought he was great, but the guy has chops. Who cares if he sounds or plays just like Don Felder or not. He's Steuart Smith and he can play.

Please feel free to share Stu stories from concerts, why you like him, and post your favorite pictures or videos. I think it's time we give a little credit to this guy with a thread of his own. He really deserves it.

Here's my personal favorite Steuart pic: