Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Default Re: American Idol

Well, the right person went home tonight based on past performances... but Paige sounded better on her sing-out than on any night of the competition. If she had done that every week she'd be going on the tour. Instead, we have Andrew.

But since my ticket money'll be spent on the EAGLES, I am not worrying too much about the quality of the tour.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree, Paige sounded really good on her sing out. I guess when the weight is lifted good things can happen!

Although Paige did need to go, that means another week of Tim Urban.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Although Paige did need to go, that means another week of Tim Urban.
    If we were 12 years old that would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    If we were 12 years old that would be a good thing.
    Yeah, 12 years old in 1970! That boy needs a major makeover!
    ~ Cathy ~

I have to say, I was hoping Tim would go last week. I still think his days are numbered...

Yes, pueblo47, I am hoping this will be Tim's last week too. Like you said, it is getting embarrassing, and I can't help but think that it really is the young girls who are keeping him there.

You hit the nail on the head, and he has to go!!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Well this was a night that threw me for a loop! I found myself liking a lot of people I don't usually.

Siobhan ("Through the Fire") – poor girl. I cringed. What can I say? I still love her, though.

Casey ("Hold On, I'm Comin'") – despite what the judges said, I considered this somewhat different for Casey. However, Kara did call it in that we haven’t been hearing his voice. In fact, sometimes the backing singers and guitar playing almost overpowered his voice. He certainly doesn’t sing anything too challenging. Still... he's talented and entertaining. I like him.

Mike ("Ready for Love") – at first, I was bored, but then it picked up and I enjoyed it. It’s the first time I’ve liked a performance by Mike since the semifinals.

Didi ("What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted") – love her! Yeah, it wasn’t perfect, but I “felt” it. Side note - What’s up with her and Ryan? At least she didn’t try to shamelessly get pity votes by telling a sob story, despite Ryan practically begging her to. Hmmm!!!

Tim ("Sweet Love") – oh man. He seems like such a nice kid but... no emotion behind the voice. It’s especially evident when he’s just sitting there on stage – at least last week, we had his “moves” to distract us!

Andrew ("Forever") – better than usual; started out lame but really picked up at the end. Tonight was the first time I wasn't cringing throughout his performance.

Katie ("Chain of Fools") – For the first time, I really liked her! I thought she looked very "contemporary" but what do I know - I'm twice that girl's age.

Lee ("Treat Her Like a Lady") – great job! You go, Lee!

Crystal ("Midnight Train to Georgia") – as soon as I saw her on the piano, I got excited. Finally, something different! You could tell she wasn’t nearly as secure and it wasn’t perfect, but I loved her taking a risk and showing there was more to her than, as I said before, Janis Lite.

Aaron ("Ain't No Sunshine") – after that clip with Usher, I expected more from him. He looked nervous and sounded it, too, although it wasn’t bad. But that hair... oh my gosh. Don’t they have stylists on this show with combs?

I hope Tim goes home, but I fear for Didi.

BTW guys - did you hear not only Usher but Justin Bieber are showing up tomorrow? lol!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Siobhan ("Through the Fire") This is the first time in weeks I haven't liked her performance. But I think she's safe.

Casey ("Hold On, I'm Comin'") He's very consistant and I like him. Just not sure I want him to go all the way.

Mike ("Ready for Love") – I like Mike. Love his vocals, even though it's not my style of music. Hope he stays for awhile.

Didi ("What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted") – Soda, were you and I watching the same show? She has a good voice, but it's suited for a very specific style of music, and the last two weeks weren't it! She's got that Midnight At the Oasis vibe (okay, I know I'm dating myself) and that's the kind of lighthearted fluff she needs to stick with. I'd want her to go home this week if it weren't for...

Tim ("Sweet Love") – Tim has become my Survivor's Midnight Flyer - he won't go away!

Andrew ("Forever") – Like Didi, Andrew has a great voice made to sing a specific style of music. Finally he found his groove! Now if he can just stay on track.

Katie ("Chain of Fools") – First, I don't like it when they put a lot of makeup on her. I like her looking fresh and young. Her vocals were spot on, but I didn't like the song choice for her.

Lee ("Treat Her Like a Lady") – I've been rooting for this guy since the beginning. In a way, it kind of bothers me that the judges want to see more confidence in him. I like that he's so humble. However, I have to agree that when he shows the least bit of swagger on stage he is awesome!

Crystal ("Midnight Train to Georgia") – I was afraid for her when she first started and all of her concentration was on the piano, but she nailed it again! Way to go Crystal girl!

Aaron ("Ain't No Sunshine") – I know Soda - they hyped up the "I know" part and then he didn't do much with it. Sure liked it when Usher did it though. That was hot!

Tim must go!
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Didi ("What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted") Side note - What’s up with her and Ryan? At least she didn’t try to shamelessly get pity votes by telling a sob story, despite Ryan practically begging her to. Hmmm!!!
    Even when she wouldn't say what it was, it sounded like Ryan finally did, but did anyone hear what he said? Something about her auditionong because of someone or something like that?
    ~ Cathy ~