I'm in the airport at Las Vegas now waiting for my connecting flight, and I had to come on and add a few comments. I didn't post last night because we got back from Dan Tana's around 2 am or so and I had to be up for a 6:55 flight , so I tried to grab what sleep I could. I overslept but luckily GA woke me up and I made my flight with just minutes to spare! BTW Glenn's promotion is getting results. I am wearing my After Hours shirt and while I struck a pose to be scanned, the security officer - a big black man - read my shirt and commented he had read about Glenn's new album in the LA Times and thought he would check it out. Of course I encouraged him to do so enthusiastically, lol.

Last night was very special. There was the orchestra which added a depth that enhanced the show, but since this is Glenn's adopted hometown, there were other cool additions. His son Otis was playing percussion on YBTTC. He was a hoot because he was hamming it up back there, waving his arms on occasion like he was doing some kind of tribal thing. Dang, time flies. That little kid who almost ran over me four years ago at Manhattan Beach Lodge now looks like a miniature Deacon. Speaking of family moments, Glenn said "This one's for Cindy" before launching into "For Sentimental Reasons." He always puts heart into it but that dedication made it extra sweet.

He also did "Here's to Life" and it was magnificent. I went into the show not even liking this song but he sold it so well I wound up giving him a standing ovation for it - and I wasn't the only one!

To my delight, Glenn said he was going to tell different jokes this time and, while a couple remained, what he mostly did was tell stories about the songs. GA and I were in the perfect position because when he told the stories, he was angled to where he was looking right at us. Very cool!

Celeb sightings : Jack Tempchin was there and got a shout out from Glenn. I saw him in the lobby but was unable to get his attention and thus left him alone. I didn't want to be a nuisance by chasing after the man, despite how sweet he was to me in Nashville several months ago. I doubt he remembers that anyway. Irving Azoff and his wife Shelli were also there and got a shout out. Glenn was dissing his old label MCA - which he called "Music Cemetary of America" - and added "That was before they were run by Irving Azoff, my manager, who is here with his manager Shelli." lol! I almost plowed into Mr. Azoff when I was leaving but managed to avoid that ignominious exit by dodging to the left, at which point I had to do some fancy footwork to avoid knocking over Mrs. Azoff. She seemed very sweet and smiled at me as I bobbed and weaved rather than looking annoyed, which I appreciated! Another sighting on the way out was Robert Wuhl of Arli$$ fame.

Back to the show while I have a little time; more will be added later. Glenn was vocally very strong and the most animated I've seen him this tour.

Ack, we're already boarding! Later, alligators!