Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at MSG, NY, NY - 9/18/14

Out on the Border

Default Re: Eagles at MSG, NY, NY - 9/18/14

Ok, for those of you who know more about the Ticketmaster sales than I do, tomorrows sales say they are VIP Packages Presales. Is this something that you need a password for?

Thanks,

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by boston steve View Post
    I got VIP tix but it took a while. Got offered seats on side sections first. Threw them back.. Got messages that said "high demand" but not sold out. Finally wound up with 8th row section B- Going to both MSG shows. Try back on the regular sale for VIP- they may save some for that. Also, keep checking TM- seats are released periodically through unannounced drops. Good luck.

Where are you sitting for the first MSG show, ie Saturday night?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klmeps View Post
    Ok, for those of you who know more about the Ticketmaster sales than I do, tomorrows sales say they are VIP Packages Presales. Is this something that you need a password for?

Thanks,
    No, you shouldn't need a password. They must mean the front row, since the others were already on sale. Good luck!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Where are you sitting for the first MSG show, ie Saturday night?
    Section B row 4 (TBS side)- how about you?

Out on the Border

I had 3 different people trying for front row tickets on 5 different computers and not a single seat showed up. They are still on Stub Hub.

Infuriating!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by boston steve View Post
    Section B row 4 (TBS side)- how about you?
    Section B Row 5, a little further right than you are. Near Glenn I hope. Hopefully see you there.

Not that I will be able to go, but I have been on stubhub as a matter of curiosity. Seats in the front row of these shows are going for a minimum of $2300 each, with the highest being $11,253.

This is not fair and something should be done about it. I thought VIP packages were non transferrable. Its unlikely that the sellers of these tickets managed to get them without them being VIP. So whats happening?
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 05-08-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Section B Row 5, a little further right than you are. Near Glenn I hope. Hopefully see you there.

Not that I will be able to go, but I have been on stubhub as a matter of curiosity. Seats in the front row of these shows are going for a minimum of $2300 each, with the highest being $11,253.

This is not fair and something should be done about it. I thought VIP packages were non transferrable. Its unlikely that the sellers of these tickets managed to get them without them being VIP. So whats happening?
    Yes it would be nice to meet you! We'll have to figure out a way to make it happen. I think what is happening is the VIP tix are now given to the person who purchases them. The dinner etc. requires id to enter but if you have your tix there is nothing to prevent people from putting them on Stubhub. I don't think they can be tracked. The price for tix is unreal. I just saw row 4 section A on Ticketmaster Platinum seats selling for 1,250 each. Scalping their own tix, essentially. I got the VIP for 9/18 and got the Saturday night tix on Stub Hub. Paid less than the Platinum price. I got my VIP tix in hand and could theoretically put them on stubhub- of course there is no way I would do that.
    I saw the tix for over 11,000- that is not gonna happen. I suggest people keep checking TM and SH- as the event nears tickets drop and prices tend to do so too.
    I am very excited for these 2 shows. Living in NY, MSG is the easiest place to get to.
    Hope to see you. Take care.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I did VIP for the Des Moines show and I didn't get a ticket. Just an email that I need to present at the door, and they do check ID and look at the picture.

As far as I can tell, they never put the front row VIP on sale for this show. It's in the dropdown, but I don't think they ever went on sale. There's a total of 14 on StubHub, and I'm sorry, I can't believe the entire row was bought and sold to people who would then sell them, and all on SH. I don't know, of course. Just my opinion.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I think it's pretty obvious there's a racket going on here. Why sell front row for $1000 when you can sell it for ten times that? The only question is - who do we blame for it? Who's pocketing the difference? Surely it's not the band! If that was they way they wanted to play it, they could just eliminate 1st row VIP altogether. Who would have the access to do it? The venue owner, the promoter... who else?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten