Page 211 of 268 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2672

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Well, first of all, I wish you the best of luck, SH, to get out of the problems you have acquired, and know that we are all behind you. We've been thinking of you when you haven't posted - so there are people out here who care for you, and look forward to your posts. You mean a lot ot us. Know that we are here to listen to you!

Maleah, we'll be thinking of your brother-in-law. My b-i-l had a new aortic valve last autumn, and he's doing fine.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Of course we'll keep him in our prayers Maleah. I hope everything goes well for him and that he makes a full recovery.

GEF delighted your b-i-l has made a great recovery. Did you enjoy your weekend away?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks, GA. Yes, b-i-l was eating breakfast the day after his op, and was looking very well when we met up a couple of weeks ago.

Our weekend away was great fun! We got to Twickers in time to see a bit of the first match. One of our local teams, Exeter Chiefs, played well but got beaten by Northampton. While we were waiting outside the stadium, we saw the members of the other teams playing, Leicester Tigers and the Ospreys, arriving on the coach, and got some rather good pictures that I shall post in the Sporting Sensations thread. The Ospreys won convincingly, to our delight as the team is virtually the same as the Wales international team.

We had a nice time with D's parents. We didn't get to The Glen, but I was consoled later while watching the London Marathon on television when they played the whole of How Long over pictures of the runners!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHolly
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Great to hear from you again Holly! Whats PLAN? Face painting sounds fun. I love watching face painters at kids parties. Hope you're well.
    Thanks everyone. Plan is a place to help people who have suffered from mental illness deal with life. I had suffered from depression for many years. I'm trying to get of my anti-depressants now. I was diagnosed with depression after an incident that happened between me and my grandpa when I was 10 and I was also getting picked on in school and didn't know how to deal with it. Things were okay from 6th through 8th grade but when I got to high school things got really bad. I was getting constantly picked on, teased, sexually harrassed, made fun of etc. every day. None of the teachers or my parents would listen to me much less help me so I attempted suicide 3 times my sophomore year and was going to attempt suicide another time when I got placed in a mental hospital and was put on this medicine and gained a lot of weight which really made the kids more cruel to me. I would ignore these people but that didn't help and I felt like what's the point in living if I have to deal with this. I went to the Arboretum with PLAN today. They have lots of activities and should be able to maybe help me find a job. I hope they can help me deal with some issues I have like trusting other people and stuff.
    Oh my gosh, SH, I'm SO sorry for the heartache and desperation you've experienced in your life, my dear. How I just want to give you a big hug. Like Maleah, I know what it's like to feel like an outsider, although the teasing and verbal abuse I experienced was not as extreme as yours. It's awful that you felt you had no one to turn to in your time of need. I hope that PLAN is able to help stabilise your life and calm you so that you can move forward and find work. Good luck! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we are here for you. Never give up!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    MF, MF! You are piling up those posts so quickly girl since we returned from London! Congrats on becoming 'Stuck on the Border'

Long may you post!
    Thank you, my dear! I'm loving every minute of it! There's been so much excitement on The Border since I've returned from London! The Eagles have us all in a spin!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah

If I may, I'd like to ask you all to keep my brother in law in your prayers. We just found out that he has a valve that is leaking in his heart and now he has to have open heart surgery. He is absolutely terrified and can't even sleep at night for fear that he won't wake up. He knows what it's going to be like because my brother had triple bypass surgery a few years ago. Thank you in advance! I love you all!
    We will do so, Maleah - I hope his surgery will be successful. When is it scheduled for?

And we love you too!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Thanks, GA. Yes, b-i-l was eating breakfast the day after his op, and was looking very well when we met up a couple of weeks ago.

Our weekend away was great fun! We got to Twickers in time to see a bit of the first match. One of our local teams, Exeter Chiefs, played well but got beaten by Northampton. While we were waiting outside the stadium, we saw the members of the other teams playing, Leicester Tigers and the Ospreys, arriving on the coach, and got some rather good pictures that I shall post in the Sporting Sensations thread. The Ospreys won convincingly, to our delight as the team is virtually the same as the Wales international team.

We had a nice time with D's parents. We didn't get to The Glen, but I was consoled later while watching the London Marathon on television when they played the whole of How Long over pictures of the runners!!
    I'm glad your brother-in-law is doing well, GEF. May he go from strength to strength.

It's great that you had such a lovely weekend, and that you enjoyed the rugby. How amazing that "How Long" was used for the London Marathon! I'm sure Glenn , being the sport fanatic he is, would have enjoyed that!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Maleah, I'm so sorry to hear of your b-i-l's heart problem. I'll remember him, too. Best of luck to him.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Meleah, I hope the surgery goes well. I will keep you, your brother in law and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Gef - Glad you had a good time at Twickers. I look forward to seeing the pictures. Toonie rang me up so excited and told me to turn the marathon on because they were playing How Long If it had been a bit warmer with less rain and hail, they could have used The Heat Is On

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Wonderful to hear.

How cool!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten