Despite having chart success right from the off, the Eagles didn't hit the big time until that "little gnome" became their manager. I'd probably have preferred them to continue knocking out great music every 12 months without making much money but I'm sure the band appreciated the opportunity to take much more time to make their records, while being richly rewarded for their efforts. They've all benefited from Irving's attributes in his role as manager of the Eagles.

It'd be a fine project to put a band together to focus on the pre-Joe era of the Eagles. Tim Schmit and probably Steuart Smith would also be a great fit for that band but they've all expressed a liking to Rock A Little (to quote a S Nicks title). Bring in Walsh and Vitale and you're a great lead singer short of a tasty, versatile, rock band..... and so much better than teaming up with Tom Petty or Styx.

I wonder if Joe and Tim fancy teaming up with Ringo again, 25 years since the last time.
The way Felder talks about his backing band, I'm not sure if he'd want to go on tour with people he doesn't want to hang out with. I can't remember if he enjoyed touring with the Eagles or not.