Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2019 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: 2019 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees

Well, I was aware of the Harry Styles - Stevie Nicks connection, but had not idea about the Susanna Hoffs - Zombies one.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Really? Wow! How cool. They were one of my first concerts. They were a package concert with Quiet Riot, Ratt, and Cinderella.
    Well a little bit more off-topic FireHouse trivia. They were a pretty big deal for a while. Michael and Bill Leverty still live in Richmond. I ran into Bill about a year ago at our chiropractor's office and Michael still lives just a few miles from me. I remember that his mom gave us front row tickets to several shows here in Richmond when they first hit it big and invited us to her house for parties after the shows. It was a really interesting experience. The band was so young and exuberant over their success. It was an exciting time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, I was aware of the Harry Styles - Stevie Nicks connection, but had not idea about the Susanna Hoffs - Zombies one.

Well a little bit more off-topic FireHouse trivia. They were a pretty big deal for a while. Michael and Bill Leverty still live in Richmond. I ran into Bill about a year ago at our chiropractor's office and Michael still lives just a few miles from me. I remember that his mom gave us front row tickets to several shows here in Richmond when they first hit it big and invited us to her house for parties after the shows. It was a really interesting experience. The band was so young and exuberant over their success. It was an exciting time.
    That is awesome! Bill is a great guitarist.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

There’s a rather amusing video interview as The Cure arrived at the ceremony this evening, wherein Robert confirms they will perform. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFINzd26anI

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    There’s a rather amusing video interview as The Cure arrived at the ceremony this evening, wherein Robert confirms they will perform. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFINzd26anI
    OMG, Robert Smith! He's killing it!

NMB, you post the best stuff!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Aw, you sweet thang LuvTim. ♥️

I admire how Robert managed to be blasé but also sufficiently grateful.

Here's an article about Stevie Nicks' joining the Hall of Fame along with the songs she sang, including the surprise duet with Don Henley:

https://bestclassicbands.com/stevie-..._acwVAhqd5nL2M

The end of the article is interesting:

In her induction speech, Nicks relayed how she cautiously broached the subject of recording a solo album without upsetting her Fleetwood Mac bandmates. Record label exec, Paul Fishkin – her boyfriend at the time – said: “If you tell them you’ll always put them first and they will always be at the top of your priority list, they will understand.”

Nicks added: “And, yes, my amazing band is still together and still going strong today.”

It was an oversight, but in her “thank yous,” she never mentioned the members of Fleetwood Mac by name.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thanks for sharing NMB, Robert seems amused here and it’s nice to hear from him. But Disintegration turns 30 this year? I’m feeling old, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Here's an article about Stevie Nicks' joining the Hall of Fame along with the songs she sang, including the surprise duet with Don Henley:
    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post

https://bestclassicbands.com/stevie-..._acwVAhqd5nL2M

The end of the article is interesting:

Stevie seemed kind of frazzled last night, making a couple of gaffs. At the backstage Q&A with the media, she mentions being impressed by Harry Styles making a solo record coming off his stint with NSync. She realizes her goof and corrects herself. She was probably nervous and maybe a little overwhelmed by it all.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Delilah, Robert Smith and Morrissey are turning 60 this year. That makes me feel old!