Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Default Re: Joe will have his own radio show starting this Saturday.

Joe's brother in law will be a guest on tomorrow's show. This is going to be interesting. I wonder what stories they will tell.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, I'm sure it'll be a blast. Thanks for the heads up!! They are so great together!! Can't wait, thought I'd share this pic Ringo posted.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - Those two sure are lookin' good for old guys!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Joe opened this weeks show with his interview with Ringo. It goes on for about 10 minutes. He also plays the Eagles live version of Hotel California from 1995 and later he plays his own "County Fair". Another good episode! I wonder if he's going to keep bringing people in for interviews each week from here on out...? That could be very cool. Would love to hear him joke around with Brian Johnson from AC/DC! Who do you think would make good guests for Joe's show?

"City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Tonight's guest will be Eagles' Satan, Irving and director Cameron Crowe. This is going to be a fun and interesting show.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Tonight's guest will be Eagles' Satan, Irving and director Cameron Crowe. This is going to be a fun and interesting show.
    Cameron Crowe would be excellent but Irving Azoff has the personality of molded bread. So dry, lol.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Here are the in-studio bits from last Saturday's show. Joe played a few interesting selections from his history -- "Teenage Jail" from his days with the Eagles, Henley's "Dirty Laundry" (afterwards he talks about recording the guitar solo on that one), and a track called "Six Strings from Hell", which he recorded with Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen. Did not know Joe recorded music with Paul, so it was interesting to learn that. By my count, that's *two* musical side-projects of corporate moguls that Joe has recorded with (JD and the Straight Shot being the other). Lame, but whatever.

Speaking of corporate moguls, Joe also conducted an hour-long interview with Cameron Crowe and Irving Azoff. It's a long interview, so I've uploaded that separately. I didn't listen to it because I think Irving is a scumbag, so maybe someone else can recap it.

Although I didn't care for the guests this week, I love what Joe is doing with this show. I hope he continues to have guests on because Joe is clearly well-liked in the industry and conversation between genuine friends makes for a great listen!
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Irving Azoff is the definition of a scumbag, RamboIV.

As I said in a thread regarding Eagles 3.0 recently, there is a reason that his nickname in Hollywood is "The Poisoned Dwarf". He has chronic little man syndrome, and unfortunately is quite powerful so he gets to throw his weight around as he sees fit, from the comfort of his high-rise. He's about the size of a garden gnome, yet is seemingly the biggest giant in his own mind. Again, unfortunately, he has the money and power to get away with it but had he pulled that crap as a normal average Joe, he would have been humbled quite quickly. So he's quite lucky in that regard! It seems the people who desire control and power for all the wrong reasons are often the ones that end up with it in the end, which is disheartening but I still say with 110% confidence that Irv doesn't scare me at all. He throws lawsuits around like confetti. But if I was in the MI business, I wouldn't let him intimidate me, nor would I bend to his every demand. I think some people enable these types of people. I wouldn't want someone like that managing me, nor would I want to ever do business of any kind with them. That's the kind of guy I wouldn't take a glass of ice water from in hell! I'd rather perish knowing I didn't let him think I need him for anything. Azoff isn't the only exec like this, to be fair, obviously there are big time CEOs, leaders, and former reality TV stars who act the same. But I think I'd just laugh at Irving Azoff. He's the size of a garden gnome! Without his team of "yes-men" lawyers, he's just a baby kitten.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thank you for posting the one about Dirty Laundry, Rambo! I think that's my favorite Walsh guitar solo besides the dual solo with DF on Hotel California. Such great info.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I’ve had a crazy week and I am a little behind unfortunately. Can’t wait to listen to latest with Irving and Cameron. I was so happy he played “County Fair” the other week. Absolutely amazing, one of my favorites by Joe!! I love how he is loosening up and talking more. “Dirty Laundry” is superb as well! As far as guests I’d like to see there are quite a few. Hope Bill Szymczyk or Joe Vitale show up...and of course Timothy or Don would be nice. Also excited for the “ask Joe” segment that should be starting soon.