Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will eagles tour again

Default Re: Will eagles tour again

It's difficult for me to speculate on another tour when, as FP said, they still have to finish this tour - Asia, Australia, and the U.S. West Coast. Although I'm always joyful when a Borderer gets to see them, my heart goes out to the ones who are still waiting...
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Out on the Border

Hi All,
    Personally i think the LROOE will be their very last world tour....and i really hope i'm wrong but don't think so.

In 4 years time Henley and Frey will be around 65 and although they have greater energy on stage now than ever before, i think another world tour in 4-5 years time will be expecting way too much from them but.......

Deacon Frey is an up and coming guitar player/singer and Will Henley is an up and coming Drummer/singer so maybe we have'nt seen the last of the Eagles.

Its all about `The Long Run'.

Remy

Don't say that Remy

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Don't say that Remy
    Don't be too upset....The Eagles Legacy will live forever!

well im hoping t hey do tour, there was a great review in scottish daily mail tody gve them 4 out 5. vey complimenting don and joe . he says going by there performance he and other fans hope they stay around lil longer.

i for one hope they do stick around longer. there performance are great.

wat is up wa the crowds though at these concerts lol. the band always seems to start lil slow to begi with as does crowd then few songs in things really get going with crowd and band lol.
    eagles concerts need to be all standing, cause seats just encourae people to sit. as do security with there threats of throwning you out if you dont sit. im guessing people listened to tim when he was waving for crowds to keep standing when security doing this.
    yu get soe fans that will stand no matter what like me, and others who like to sit. you get that all concerts.

whats wa the roadies younever see them smiling lol. i have noticed tht even on fwt1 they never smiled either lol. tim dont smile enough either.

I don't like sitting at a concert either, but the Eagles have a well rounded audience, those who are up in years shouldn't be expected to have to stand for the entire 3 hr set. Now should they have a section up front for those who do desire to stand the entire show, yes. I'd hate to see the ticket prices for that section though.

yes i do agree wa that, but u get some people who just sit period lol.

im sure the eagles dont mind people sitting during there concerts, but when someone behind you moans cause ure standing dancing. i just tell them well, not my problem u lazy git that you want to sit down all concert. there for they have to stand up lol, u look at them later and there dancing lol.

yes there was seats down front that cost alot. there should be half and half on pitch. you get the drunks there to who your happy to see siting, cause we had one in 2006 at hampden omg, this woman was annoyingto say the least. then you got one running down isle flashing lol. she was heading down to joe with his cam hat, but she got lost in the crowd some where, she was drunk

just cause u sit i suppose dont mean your not enjoying it, just cause band dont smile all concert all the time, dont mean there not enjoying either
    thinkthey enjoyed most places they played as has the crowds..

hope they come bck to uk soon.

I don't think they will hang it up any time soon. They know how to pace themselves. They have a general set that holds the attention of the crowd no matter where they've gone or how often they go to certain cities. People are still in love with their music even if the classics get the most attention the fact is people still want to see them perform older and new songs alike. And until they get to where they physically can't then is when we may see them less and less.

Joe has described himself as a valid creative statesman. I think that all of the Eagles have stated in one way or other that they do not want to appear "silly" on stage as some bands do as they age. I think they are very conscious of that, and it will partially dictate how much longer they perform live. Perhaps they gauge themselves to other artists who are still performing in their sixties and look great - look at Paul McCartney!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm going to say, if they are selling out stadiums world wide, they probably don't think they look too silly now... and hopefully think they all have a good few years left in them.

Personally, I hope that, "if they will play, the people will come" is part of their motto.