Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

Like I said earlier, none of my Eagle fan friends are interested in seeing the new lineup but several are wanting to see the guys solo shows which is awesome.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

I'm seeing the band on consecutive days in St. Louis and Kansas City next month. I hope to get to the Tulsa show in June but may have to pull a few strings to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    The way I see it is the thread starter made a comment primarily on the number of shows, and people jumped right in with the same old negative comments. Perhaps my view is skewed, but I am sick to death of this whole discussion. Everyone knows some people are excited about it, and some people think it's not the Eagles and they shouldn't continue.

Can't we move on from this? I've given my views many times (as have most of the others posting on this thread.), and I'm certainly not going to bother giving them again. We're not convincing anyone, and we're not going to. We're just rehashing the same arguments, ad infinitum, IMHO.
    My problem with not having these discussions is that it seems unfair. Unless you want all new tour stuff to not be discussed. Otherwise we have anticipation threads and "excitement", and yet nothing for us. It seems a little one sided. I'm personally not okay with just going along with no more discussing those against it while others get to share their excitement and discuss it positively to their heart's content. That seems a little unfair to those of us against it. Either we let both sides say what they want, or none of them. Just letting the celebratory posters post and that's it, seems unfair to those of us against it when I have a big problem with these shows and I feel while those who love it are celebrating, we can say how we feel, no matter how circular and/or redundant it is. It's only fair.

But to allow only positive Eagles 3.0 posts and not negative would be unfair, and I have a problem with unfairness, obviously. I think it would be wrong to do that.

I'll be the first to agree we aren't going to change anyone's minds, but to have celebratory posts and for us to keep to ourselves rubs me the wrong way. I feel if they want to celebrate, we have every right to state our distaste with the shows.

I don't know what the answer is to this honestly, and I think it puts Soda and Dreamer in a tough spot. But I think only letting one side speak about this is not the answer either, and will only lead to me not wanting to post here or feeling like I've been silenced/censored/etc, and I'm not ok with that. Nor should anyone be.

I agree with being sick about this whole discussion, but that goes for the positive/celebratory posts too, regarding 3.0. I think it works both ways...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My problem with not having these discussions is that it seems unfair. Unless you want all new tour stuff to not be discussed. Otherwise we have anticipation threads and "excitement", and yet nothing for us. It seems a little one sided. I'm personally not okay with just going along with no more discussing those against it while others get to share their excitement and discuss it positively to their heart's content. That seems a little unfair to those of us against it. Either we let both sides say what they want, or none of them. Just letting the celebratory posters post and that's it, seems unfair to those of us against it when I have a big problem with these shows and I feel while those who love it are celebrating, we can say how we feel, no matter how circular and/or redundant it is. It's only fair.

But to allow only positive Eagles 3.0 posts and not negative would be unfair, and I have a problem with unfairness, obviously. I think it would be wrong to do that.

I'll be the first to agree we aren't going to change anyone's minds, but to have celebratory posts and for us to keep to ourselves rubs me the wrong way. I feel if they want to celebrate, we have every right to state our distaste with the shows.

I don't know what the answer is to this honestly, and I think it puts Soda and Dreamer in a tough spot. But I think only letting one side speak about this is not the answer either, and will only lead to me not wanting to post here or feeling like I've been silenced/censored/etc, and I'm not ok with that. Nor should anyone be.

I agree with being sick about this whole discussion, but that goes for the positive/celebratory posts, too regarding 3.0. I think it works both ways...
    We're supposed to post in the 'Legitimate' thread. Sorry, the 'No Legit Eagles' thread. But that's eased off as there are only so many times we can say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    We're supposed to post in the 'Legitimate' thread. Sorry, the 'No Legit Eagles' thread. But that's eased off as there are only so many times we can say the same thing.
    True. I felt this wasn't supposed to be a positive/celebratory thread. I don't feel this was simply about talking about the number of tour dates or that is was another anticipation thread. I thought it was a open debate thread for both sides.

Regardless, yes, I think some aspects of this apply to 3.0 aka no legit Eagles, but some are new. I just assumed it was a debate thread not for one purpose. Like I see the legitimacy thread meant for negative opinions, and the anticipation and tour thread for positive and celebratory opinions. And I thought this one was supposed to serve both purposes, but maybe not. I didn't see a bias with it. I saw it as being for both sides to debate it and not for any one side. It was different.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Going from under 10 concerts for summer/fall 2017 to a full on tour of 52 plus concerts across America is a major undertaking.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Going from under 10 concerts for summer/fall 2017 to a full on tour of 52 plus concerts across America is a major undertaking.
    No doubt.

If there were any doubts that this was going to become a regular thing and that it will be moving on, you have your proof. Irving's gotta keep greasing that wheel.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Well, at least the "it's only one show" argument we faced constantly in the beginning isn't excpected to silence us anymore, is it?
    Last edited by chaim; 02-28-2018 at 02:57 AM.

The Eagles still touring is disgraceful. Wasnt there a farewell tour already? Then didnt Glen Frey die? This money grab is disgusting with some sad country singer as a member.

I would go see this fake version of the eagles IF tickects were $10 max....but I bet they are charging as much as ever...I mean Donnie Boy needs to make more millions off his fans right.