Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year!!

QUESTION:

If it had been Henley that died, would Frey have continued touring as the Eagles?

WHY I HAVE A PROBLEM with this version of the Eagles:

1- Don Henley's history of being an over the top money hungry guy
    2- They had a "Farewell" tour (ie Money Grab scarring fans into thinking they would never tour again) and 15 years later...they are still touring.
    3- Vince Gill
    4- Vince Gill
    5- Vince Gill
    6- No Felder. No Bernie. (Wont say no Randy because of his health).
    7- Don Henley's arrogance and lies to his fans.
    8- Expensive tickets as usual for this charade.
    9- Don Henley's fake humility "We are just some guys that only know how to play music, so thats what we do". BS #moneygrab
    10- Last but not least No Glen Frey.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    WHY I HAVE A PROBLEM with this version of the Eagles:

1- Don Henley's history of being an over the top money hungry guy
    2- They had a "Farewell" tour (ie Money Grab scarring fans into thinking they would never tour again) and 15 years later...they are still touring.
    3- Vince Gill
    4- Vince Gill
    5- Vince Gill
    6- No Felder. No Bernie. (Wont say no Randy because of his health).
    7- Don Henley's arrogance and lies to his fans.
    8- Expensive tickets as usual for this charade.
    9- Don Henley's fake humility "We are just some guys that only know how to play music, so thats what we do". BS #moneygrab
    10- Last but not least No Glen Frey.
    I’ve been staying out but I found this ridiculous and over the top. First off all the farewell tour was admittedly not the end. The band said farewell 1 implied a second farewell. The band was operated year to year. Second Don Felder does not want in nor deserves to be back in the band. Third we don’t know why Bernie is not touring with the band. The ticket prices are a market price. I do not judge people who get paid what they want. You can say don has fake humility but that’s your opinion and I find it to be false. I totally understand when people don’t like the current lineup due to Glenn not being there but you just seem to be a Don hater, and seem totally biased. Any money don will be making will not afford him much comfort in this stage at life. He isn’t able to make enough to radically change his style of living. Any money he makes will go towards his family. That is true for all of them besides maybe Timothy and Vince. Also I don’t think it’s fair to not like this lineup because of Vince Gill. You seem to be motivated by hate and not a love for the band and what is stands for which is what people who are against this lineup on this forum are about. Not you

Farwell 1 was a joke.

'We will be getting to Farwell 2 at some point" -Glenn at the Melbourne show

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’ve been staying out but I found this ridiculous and over the top. First off all the farewell tour was admittedly not the end. The band said farewell 1 implied a second farewell. The band was operated year to year. Second Don Felder does not want in nor deserves to be back in the band. Third we don’t know why Bernie is not touring with the band. The ticket prices are a market price. I do not judge people who get paid what they want. You can say don has fake humility but that’s your opinion and I find it to be false. I totally understand when people don’t like the current lineup due to Glenn not being there but you just seem to be a Don hater, and seem totally biased. Any money don will be making will not afford him much comfort in this stage at life. He isn’t able to make enough to radically change his style of living. Any money he makes will go towards his family. That is true for all of them besides maybe Timothy and Vince. Also I don’t think it’s fair to not like this lineup because of Vince Gill. You seem to be motivated by hate and not a love for the band and what is stands for which is what people who are against this lineup on this forum are about. Not you
    About Bernie. My friend from High School his Step Mother is Bernie's sister. He told me a few years ago that he was thinking of leaving the HOTE tour it was getting really exhausting for him.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    QUESTION:

If it had been Henley that died, would Frey have continued touring as the Eagles?
    I don't think that anyone at all knows that or could ever know that. Even Don Henley clearly didn't know that they would continue after Glenn passed on.

Stuck on the Border

There's a recent interview with Bill Szymzcyk and the last few minutes are about this version of the band. Essentially Bill was against it thinking it just wasn't right, but after seeing them in Greensboro, he's now ok with it. He also tells a funny story about Vince Gill. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...t/id1278270986

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don't see why not. Speaking for myself, the guy means absolutely nothing to me.

I won't address any ofther points raised but I thought it was reasonable to mention that just once.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't see why not. Speaking for myself, the guy means absolutely nothing to me.

I won't address any ofther points raised but I thought it was reasonable to mention that just once.

I actually agree with you.

I never heard of Vince Gill untill I saw him at the KCHO. So I am not emotionally bound to him like the other guys.

I still think he fits he band nicely. But I can see why some people don’t care. I mever heard of the guy before

Stuck on the Border

I don't have any new arguments to put forward, other that it's good to have a thread where both sides can be given rather that strict segregation between for and against. Ideas do not have to be fixed and I think we can all be influenced by heartfelt expressions of an opposing view. I know that my views have softened. It still doesn't feel right but I'm no longer angry.