Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Now this I would LOVE to have but the price is a little steep for me right now. That money is Senior pictures or announcements or gas bill or groceries.... I will be watching it and debating of course tho.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us

Nice TBF!

I've got that autographed photo also!

If you send Julie an email, it's almost sure that you get one (it takes a little time), if you would, I'll send Julie an email and ask for you .
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    tbf - That is a very cool pic, but I have known Tim to send fans autographed pictures when they wrote to him. I don't know if he always does it, but it would certainly be worth a shot.
    I guess I remember some of the people here talking about that but I feel a little weird writing a "fan letter" at the age of 45. Whatever would I write?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I guess I remember some of the people here talking about that but I feel a little weird writing a "fan letter" at the age of 45. Whatever would I write?
    tbf - I know exactly how you feel, and I think this is a very personal thing. I felt the same way as you, but then after Glenn was so sweet to us in Niagara Falls, I felt compelled to write him. It was actually more of a thank you letter than a regular fan letter, but I did tell him how much I admired him and his music. I actually felt totally comfortable writing it, and was thrilled when he thanked us all for "putting pen to paper" at Pebble Beach this year. This made me think that the guys really do appreciate letters from fans that are sincere and written from the heart.

Of course, another option may be to go through Julie as MH suggests.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dear Timothy,

I am your biggest fan. I belong to this message board where we all post pictures of you and then drool and make comments about them. I went all the way to Chicago just to see you. If I weren't married with a family I would be stalking you. Please send me an autographed picture so that I can plant wet kisses all over it.

Your friend,
    Wille

P.S.
    Please ask Joe to send my friend Cathy something also
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Dear Timothy,

I am your biggest fan. I belong to this message board where we all post pictures of you and then drool and make comments about them. I went all the way to Chicago just to see you. If I weren't married with a family I would be stalking you. Please send me an autographed picture so that I can plant wet kisses all over it.

Your friend,
    Wille

P.S.
    Please ask Joe to send my friend Cathy something also
    P.P.S. and Rhonda, dont forget Rhonda... or she'll cry

PPPS:

Please ask Joe to autograph that turquois Strat and send it to me. And maybe two or three hundred thousand so I can attend the rest of the Eagles concerts.

MikeA

This is a Media Info document I found from Joe released around the time The Confessor was released (1985) Pretty funny stuff. The document I have appears to be one of the original documents

Warner Bros Records
    Media Information
    Joe Walsh

I was born on November 20, 1947, in a place called Wichita, Kansas. I was 0 years old. Wichita is almost exactly I the middle of the continental United States, if you ignore Alaska and Hawaii. Most folks in Kansas do. Wichita is also famous for being called “The Airplane Capital” which it is, but I’m not sure how important this is outside Kansas. I’m sure it’s not a priority in Alaska or Hawaii. Kansas is also where Dorothy and Toto lived once. To the best of my knowledge, I was not born in New York, and whoever started that rumor is full of beans.

Places I have lived:

1. Wichita, Kansas
    2. Evanston, Illinois
    3. Columbus, Ohio
    4. Flushing, Long Island, New York (Queens)
    5. Montclair, New Jersey
    6. Kent, Ohio
    7. Ipswich, Massachussetts (ed note: this is spelled just like it was released in the document!)
    8. Nederland, Colorado
    9. Boulder, Colorado
    10. Los Angeles, California
    11. In Irving Azoff’s car
    12. Santa Barbara, California
    13. Coconut Grove, Florida
    14. Ringo’s house
    15. Nowhere
    16. Los Angeles, California, where I currently live as far as I can tell.

Things I have done:

Produced albums for Dan Fogelberg and Ringo.
    Ran for President of the United States.
    Played on everybody’s albums.
    Flown in the Concorde.
    Met Robert Mitchum.

Brief summary of my careers:

1. Member of the James Gang (“funk #49,” “Walk-Away”).
    1. Ex-member of the James Gang.
    2. Leader and founding member of Barnstorm (Rocky Mt. Way).
    2. Only member of Barnstorm.
    3. Brief but glorious solo career So What, You Can’t Argue With A Sick Mind ending with much public head-scratching because of career #4.
    4. Member of The Eagles Hotel California (1977), Long Run (1979), during which also made 1 solo album, But Seriously Folks.

-- Brief Interlude –

5. Right around in here somewhere is my present career – In a couple of years, I’ll be able to tell you how I did.

Things that might be interesting to know about me:

-- I attended Kent State University regularly over a 6-year period without graduation.
    -- One time I crashed in a Boeing 727.
    -- Yes, on occasion I do saw up hotel rooms with chain saws and throw the pieces out the window. Why not?
    -- I have absolutely no idea whether I have a Maserati or not….probably. It would seem logical.
    -- No, I do not need a new nose.
    -- I prefer B.B. King to Don Ho.

Things that people like to ask:

What does “The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get” mean?
    “Where are you from?” (I’m from Ohio, I don’t know why.)
    “Hey Joe, what ever happened to the guys in the James Gang?”
    “Hey Joe, I love that song of yours – how does it go?”

My hobbies include such activities as:

Amateur radio (since 1962), blacksmithing (honest). Arguing all night about politics, (or for that matter – anything). Hooking stuff up to see if it works, and beer.

What my new album, The Confessor is about:
    My new album, The Confessor, is about 20 minutes a side.

0485 (ed note: surely is the date of publication April, 1985 since The Confessor was released in 1985)
    Last edited by MikeA; 10-04-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: MS Word Formatting tweaks

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

That's very cool Mike. deffinitly a keeper.. or you could send it to me .. if ya wanted.. *G* and the autographed pic you have of Joe with the glasses... or whatever... Im easy.. so to speak..

That's a great read, Mike, thanks! Joe has a wonderfully dry sense of humour. I particularly like his reply to what his new album is about!

Thanks also for the backstage information from the HFO tour. I'd always thought it was Glenn who was the Gatorade fan. Perhaps he needed to be careful because of his ongoing health problems.

And, btw, thank you for sharing your fantastic collection with us. I really envy you having the space to display all your stuff. My collection is all hidden in a box under my desk. The other half does not approve of my fandom.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    And, btw, thank you for sharing your fantastic collection with us. I really envy you having the space to display all your stuff. My collection is all hidden in a box under my desk. The other half does not approve of my fandom.
    Thank you GEF. I am very fortunate in the fact that both my wife and I are Eagles freaks. I give her all the credit for accumulating the memorabilia (the vast majority anyway, doing most of the work of framing it and even hanging it. I just drove the nails where she pointed. In fact, she did more than I did in fixing up the basement walls to make them suitable for displaying the collection....and we did fix it up just so we could display it. And we do still have a rather large box somewhere with more stuff in it.

We have a tendency to go a bit overboard when we do stuff.

MikeA