Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192 LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

More relevant Eagles' lyrics:

"I can't believe it's happening again"
    "I sit here and wonder, baby, what we're really learning"
    "It's time to leave behind some things from yesterday"
    And "wasted time".

Good day to all.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Thank you. I said "coming after me" because you seemed to have a lot of posts where you kept bringing up the apology, even after I explained then left it alone and then even posted what I thought of as an "olive branch." I kept thinking we were done with it. I'm just explaining why I used that phrase that you mentioned.

But I don't think it would do any of us any good for me to "explain" and stand up for "the apology" anymore.

So again, thanks for those last couple posts. It's appreciated. I hope we really are ok now.
    Not sure if we're ever really been anything but ok. I see this whole thing now as disagreeing about a few words in a post rather than being enemies. Like I've said, I'm sure that if we had been face to face, it would have been solved in a minute.

But I'd never call you unethical like you did me. That's a personal attack that I wouldn't do.
    Actually, I told people that they could judge for themselves whether or not what you did was ethical. My exact words:

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Arlee actually deleted the part of the sentence that explained what I was referring to so she could make it look like I was referring to her comment about contracts and negotiations. I leave you to decide how ethical that was.
    I was confident that people would come to the same conclusion I did once the original posts were shown against your edits.

You move the goalposts. When you see your original argument isn't working, you try to pretend you never made it, or that you meant something else entirely, and you just keeping repeating that new narrative again and again and again. Now we have another post of edited stuff to create the illusion that this was what you were saying all along... it's ridiculous. All of the original stuff is still there to read, after all. I guess the mentality is that if you repeat something enough times, and with enough righteous indignation, people will start to believe it. But nobody believes it. People just get sick of it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I think this makes it clear. You never acknowledged this was possible. And you knew it was.

Yes I used the word “will” sometimes. But I also said “contracts” and “legalities” and “agreements” and “legal provisions.”

I'm flummoxed and honestly don't know why you didn't want to acknowledge what I suggested was in fact very common.
    We never acknowledged it because it's very highly unlikely to have happened and have never heard of it. The links you referenced were more of a "proof of concept" IMO and not really saying who does this. I believe Glenn Frey was not ok with the band continuing on. And I strongly believe that he didn't have anything in his will or any kind of document that the Eagles could/should/will continue on without him. Glenn knew his importance to the band. In my book, he was number one in terms of importance and while still remaining humble he knew that an Eagles without him couldn't be legitimate or ok. Just look how he handled the band trying to move on in the studio without him. And there has been plenty of other things over the years that you can pick up on that makes me quite confident when I say what I do. If you don't agree with me or think I'm crazy, that's fine but that's my viewpoint and it isn't going anywhere, much like you probably will keep thinking we shouldn't say we know better than the family. But it is what it is.

But here's the thing. Here's the bottom line for me, WalshFan88, when it comes to the continuance of the Eagles. I'm speaking for me, myself, and I here. No one else. This is the simplest I know how I can put it.

If Glenn was ok with this, and there was legitimate proof that he was, I would still think that it's not the Eagles. However, I would not feel the resentment and anger I do towards them now. I would just be neutral about it and I still wouldn't go to see them live. But I wouldn't be anywhere near as upset. If they changed the name, I would probably go see them and encourage them moving on, in the right way. And if Glenn wanted the Eagles to continue and they still changed the name out of respect, well all I can say is I would hold Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit in a LOT higher regard than I do now and again, I would go see them. To me No Glenn means No Eagles, even if we knew he was ok with it. But I would personally not be so vehemently against it and so outspoken about it if we knew in fact he was ok with it. But we don't. In fact, I think there is enough evidence to say he was against it. But there is no proof that he was for it, and with said evidence that he would have been against it makes me feel the way I do now. No one will convince me that I'm wrong for feeling the way I do or saying the things I say, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual for the pro-3.0 folks. I'm not going to get you to stop thinking that I'm cruel, negative, etc.

No one here is going to change their own minds over words on a screen. And no one is going to change anyone else's either. I really think it's best if we just drop this subject (the ongoing drama between Arlee, Soda, Dreamer, Chaim, and I). Somehow I don't see that happening though. We just need to move on. And I think it's best for those who are upset by anti-3.0 posters to just ignore or avoid the posts when those of us talk negatively about the new Eagles. And the anti-3.0 posters can avoid the positive posts. And we can come together about other topics like the music, the band's history, and even off topic subjects and try to be cordial with one another. Otherwise we are just going to go around in circles like we are now about things that have been going on for what seems like an eternity. Let's get off this crazy carousel for once.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Actually, I told people that they could judge for themselves whether or not what you did was ethical. My exact words:

I was confident that people would come to the same conclusion I did once the original posts were shown against your edits.

You move the goalposts. When you see your original argument isn't working, you try to pretend you never made it, or that you meant something else entirely, and you just keeping repeating that new narrative again and again and again. Now we have another post of edited stuff to create the illusion that this was what you were saying all along... it's ridiculous. All of the original stuff is still there to read, after all. I guess the mentality is that if you repeat something enough times, and with enough righteous indignation, people will start to believe it. But nobody believes it. People just get sick of it.
    Amen to the bold points above.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - The thing is we're all guilty of playing right into Arlee's hands. As long as we keep responding to her posts, we are giving her exactly what she is looking for. She has absolutely no interest in contributing positively to this board. All of her posts are intentionally designed with derogatory or otherwise inflammatory comments about sensitive topics to bait users into confrontations. That, my friends, is the classic definition of trolling. The personal attacks, trolling, and ignoring warnings of moderators are all violations of our Terms of Service, which she just blatantly disregards.

Quite honestly, the last several pages of this thread are an embarrassment to the board as far as I'm concerned - that is simply my opinion. All I have left to say is that the only way to stop this is at this point is for all of us to do just that - we all must stop responding to her. I suggest that we all let her talk to herself and if she continues, let the admin/mods deal with it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Well, personally I wouldn't mind if the last few pages were deleted since they have nothing to do with the topic.

Stuck on the Border

....deleted from my "Just let her have the last word, Austin" comment onwards.

Out on the Border

I'm not sure why you're keeping this going.

I wish you'd just stop trying to provoke me. I keep trying to ignore it and move on, but it's not easy when you continue to twist my words and your own words then seem to play dumb when you get caught.

I think my last post clearly shows your argument looks disingenuous. You insisted I was just talking about a will. And you were the one who brought in the word "ethical." You know what you were insinuating. Otherwise, why even say the word.

You must have forgotten, you already admitted it:

[......]Saying that I edited to try to make it look like something else and suggest I'm being unethical?
    I didn't just say it. I SHOWED it.
    [....]
    Your words and your posts show that you seem to have it out for me. You continue to instigate.

I guess the mentality is that if you repeat something enough times, and with enough righteous indignation, people will start to believe it.....
    This is exactly what I have said more than once. All the ridiculous accusations against me have been repeated but not backed up.

How about this: I disagree with everything you've said about me. You disagree with everything I've said about you. Can we just leave it at that? That old idea "agree to disagree?"
    Last edited by Arlee; 05-17-2019 at 12:14 AM.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    We never acknowledged it because it's very highly unlikely to have happened and have never heard of it. The links you referenced were more of a "proof of concept" IMO and not really saying who does this.

I believe Glenn Frey was not ok with the band continuing on. And I strongly believe that he didn't have anything in his will or any kind of document that the Eagles could/should/will continue on without him. Glenn knew his importance to the band. In my book, he was number one in terms of importance and while still remaining humble he knew that an Eagles without him couldn't be legitimate or ok. Just look how he handled the band trying to move on in the studio without him. And there has been plenty of other things over the years that you can pick up on that makes me quite confident when I say what I do. If you don't agree with me or think I'm crazy, that's fine but that's my viewpoint and it isn't going anywhere, much like you probably will keep thinking we shouldn't say we know better than the family. But it is what it is.

But here's the thing. Here's the bottom line for me, WalshFan88, when it comes to the continuance of the Eagles. I'm speaking for me, myself, and I here. No one else. This is the simplest I know how I can put it.

If Glenn was ok with this, and there was legitimate proof that he was, I would still think that it's not the Eagles. However, I would not feel the resentment and anger I do towards them now. I would just be neutral about it and I still wouldn't go to see them live. But I wouldn't be anywhere near as upset. If they changed the name, I would probably go see them and encourage them moving on, in the right way. And if Glenn wanted the Eagles to continue and they still changed the name out of respect, well all I can say is I would hold Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit in a LOT higher regard than I do now and again, I would go see them. To me No Glenn means No Eagles, even if we knew he was ok with it. But I would personally not be so vehemently against it and so outspoken about it if we knew in fact he was ok with it. But we don't. In fact, I think there is enough evidence to say he was against it. But there is no proof that he was for it, and with said evidence that he would have been against it makes me feel the way I do now. No one will convince me that I'm wrong for feeling the way I do or saying the things I say, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual for the pro-3.0 folks. I'm not going to get you to stop thinking that I'm cruel, negative, etc.

I may not agree with some of this, but I completely respect your opinion. While I do believe there must have been something in the contracts, etc. about this, I know that I don't know for sure. That is just my opinion

I thought it was a valid point that might be batted about. I didn't think it would end up like it did.

I posted the links if anyone wanted to read further. I thought the quotes I posted about it gave a lot of info.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    No one here is going to change their own minds over words on a screen. And no one is going to change anyone else's either. I really think it's best if we just drop this subject (the ongoing drama between Arlee, Soda, Dreamer, Chaim, and I). Somehow I don't see that happening though. We just need to move on. And I think it's best for those who are upset by anti-3.0 posters to just ignore or avoid the posts when those of us talk negatively about the new Eagles. And the anti-3.0 posters can avoid the positive posts. And we can come together about other topics like the music, the band's history, and even off topic subjects and try to be cordial with one another. Otherwise we are just going to go around in circles like we are now about things that have been going on for what seems like an eternity.
    Let's get off this crazy carousel for once.

Amen, but this crazy carousel had nothing to do with trying to convince what Glenn would or wouldn't want or whether or not the band should continue. I wasn't positing that. I’ve said many times that we don't know for sure and we won't change minds.

This current craziness all came from my thought that there might be something in contracts, final wishes, wills, etc. regarding the band continuing. Then everything got weird.

I wouldn't know what the contracts or the will said, so I wasn't arguing about what they stated for sure. I can guess. I have my ideas. But I don't know for sure.

This was a nice, normal discussion. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Arlee; 05-16-2019 at 11:30 PM.