Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

It was painful to watch. They held it together very well. And a shout out to Bernie for holding the solo down...

That was the strangest thing I ever saw. I'm not even sure if I will ever get over this one

SAR, I did love Bernie's solo. Dude pretty much nailed it.

I can't get over how sad they all looked, guys. Let's all go hunt them down and give them all giant hugs.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I have two things to say:

1. What an emotional but wonderful performance. I was keeping it together until his picture came on the screen at the end and then I lost it and started crying, the most I have since his passing. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

2. I want to know who's idea it was to "rush" the tribute through without a proper introduction and allowing the band to say something. If they (the band) didn't want to, that's fine. But I feel the lack of introduction is squarely on the shoulders of the people at the Grammys. You can give Ariana whoever (just one of many examples) as long as she wants because it's good for ratings because young people like her, but they can't properly give enough time to recognize an icon, hero, and REAL musician. I'm beyond mad. How disrespectful.

I feel for all of you tonight, and I echo your sentiments.
    SPOT ON

and to take it even further-who gives a rip about Justin beber singing trash about his ex-

could have used that time to do a proper tribute

Probably the wrong place to say this, but this is an awards show right? Who won what? In 10 years will I remember any of them?

The whole closure thing? I agree. I feel indifferent. Like they wanted to do more but it was hard as it is to even be there. And I'm sure that was why Don was understandably upset.

I'm starting to think that if Don was as upset as he looked onstage, then I'm with him. I've been growing angrier about the whole thing - not as much the tribute itself, but how it was presented by the Grammys, and especially how the Facebook crowd is responding so negatively to it. I should probably go sleep it off...
    ~ Tori

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    I'm starting to think that if Don was as upset as he looked onstage, then I'm with him. I've been growing angrier about the whole thing - not as much the tribute itself, but how it was presented by the Grammys, and especially how the Facebook crowd is responding so negatively to it. I should probably go sleep it off...
    It was the first time since the summer I believe he was on stage with the band. So yeah I totally get it if that's why.

They are really talking bad about Jackson Browne forgetting the lyrics on facebook. I had to stand up for Jackson because he was emotional and they need to cut him some slack. I told them to walk in his and the guys shoes during that performance.

My sister did the same, Shun! "Learn the words"? The man WROTE the song, of course he knows the words! God forbid he slip up under such emotional circumstances. Gosh, the nerve of some people...
    ~ Tori

I just can't deal with those kind of people. Hating on Jackson Browne?? How hard-hearted can you be?? I'm going to bed.

But on a final note regarding the tribute, although I was disappointed with the abrupt way it was presented by the Grammys sans intro, I admire the guys for doing the song despite how terribly difficult it must have been.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten