Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three May Concerts Postponed Due to Illness

Default Re: May 3rd Concert Postponed

I hope Don gets well soon.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hope all is good with Don and it is just a cold. Get better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    Hope all is good with Don and it is just a cold. Get better soon!
    According to a post on Jack Tempchin's FB page announcing the postponements there is an "Editor's Note" that Henley has been suffering from a cold. I also read somewhere that he was seen washing down a pill during the Miami show which was two weeks ago. Whatever it was, it obviously kicked him hard. Prayers it was nothing more serious and that with this extra week the Canadian shows will go off without a hitch.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I don't want to come across as an alarmist, but I find the explanation that Don's illness is just a cold to be a little hard to buy. Since when did the Eagles cancel several shows because one of the members had a cold? I've known them to perform on many occasions when members had much worse ailments. I sure hope I'm wrong, but it does concern me a bit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I don't want to come across as an alarmist, but I find the explanation that Don's illness is just a cold to be a little hard to buy. Since when did the Eagles cancel several shows because one of the members had a cold? I've known them to perform on many occasions when members had much worse ailments. I sure hope I'm wrong, but it does concern me a bit.
    Maybe it’s a sound quality thing. Maybe this isn’t particularly dangerous but his voice is bad shape when he is sick. But who knows

Hi, Dreamer!
    My husband and I have each very recently been the victim of some kind of cold bug that has landed each of us out of commission and unable to perform our daily responsibilities. We're way younger than Don, and I would hate to think of having to sing for 3 hours with the symptoms we have had. So you could be correct in being skeptical, but, I don't seriously doubt that it really could just be a bad cold. So, I agree with you, I sure hope it's just a cold.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Thanks, LT. I hope you are right. It's just that the band has always had such a 'the show must go on' mentality that he must have a really bad cold to cancel three shows. I saw Don perform a solo show once where he was so 'under the weather' that he could barely sing the first few songs. But, his voice continued to get stronger the more he sang, and after several songs, he sounded great.

Border Rebel

I've had colds before where I can barely get a sound out, let along sing. And at 70 plus, it's probably better for Don to err on the side of caution and rest his voice and himself.

I can't imagine why anyone would find this suspicious.

Thanks, LT. I hope you are right. It's just that the band has always had such a 'the show must go on' mentality that he must have a really bad cold to cancel three shows. I saw Don perform a solo show once where he was so 'under the weather' that he could barely sing the first few songs. But, his voice continued to get stronger the more he sang, and after several songs, he sounded great.
    My theory here is, their "show must go on" mentality I think eventually didn't work well for Glenn. When he pushed through and took strong medications to get through his pain look what happened. Maybe Don is looking at that saying "I'm not as young as I used to be" and maybe he's now airing on the side of caution rather than pushing himself too hard.
    Just a thoguht

Good point, Eliza. Perhaps he is just being cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would find this suspicious.
    I think I explained this in my previous posts. It is out of character for the band to cancel three shows unless they absolutely have no other choice. There is no need to try to read anything into my posts other than that. But, after reading Eliza's post, I am reminded that the public was not informed of the seriousness of Glenn's condition, so maybe I am a little paranoid. Most of us thought he was going to have routine surgery and fully recover, so it was a horrible shock when that did not happen.

However, as I stated before, I don't wish to alarm anyone and, hopefully, Don is on the mend.