Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at LA Forum January 15th, 17th and 18th, 2014

Default Re: Eagles at LA Forum January 15th, 17th and 18th, 2014

I checked last night and they were still trying to sell the same crappy seats that I was getting the first day (singles at the back of the floor, to the far side). Interesting that they've stopped selling now; maybe they hope to encourage more sales for the new shows by shutting down the others - temporarily, I assume.

All these tricks to try to maximize sales. The Eagles don't need these tricks to sell; they sell because they're quality. I guess the businessmen don't get that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Did you also notice that on Saturday morning they started selling WheelChair seating directly through TM (normally you send them an email request) in the front row of section D-seats 2-3 for all the shows for the first week of their Forum run.

Under the ADA the venue can release those seats once the venue sells out if no one buys them before-hand. I called to see if they were unsold companion seats or what since they were seats 2-3 but they didn't really know if they were released seats or not so I let them go as I don't want to buy a seat meant for the disabled or, worse yet, show up the night of and get taken to task for buying a WC seat.

According to the ADA venues are required to offer from 1-3 companion seats to the disabled. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in a wheel chair in the front row at any concert before. There was one young woman in a wheel chair at a Bon Jovi show who was in the 5th row and they transferred her to a seat-she had CP. But normally they are in the back of the venue.

Thought long and hard about getting out my crutches and boot from when I broke my ankle believe me but you know Karma-it'll get ya every time.

Carol-Lynn

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

In DC in 2008 there were a lot of wheelchair/companion seats in the front rows, on the right side. It's interesting to look at venue maps when they have the interactive seating charts active and you can see the accessible seats.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

So that's why the pair I brought up said "WC"! I wondered. The ones I saw weren't front row, though. If it's listed on TM, it's fair game, I think!

A friend of mines is going to the show with her husband and they will be sitting separate from each other. I think she told me she did get a pair of tickets for another day.

She said she's looking forward to see the Eagles. She's a Don Henley fan. She told me he's the other man. She likes the Osmonds too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So that's why the pair I brought up said "WC"! I wondered. The ones I saw weren't front row, though. If it's listed on TM, it's fair game, I think!
    That may or may not be true. You can buy them but from the extensive research that I did on the net, most said don't buy them. You could run into trouble this early in the game. Most said if it's the week before the concert, then you're right-fair game. Most said it was just bad form.

I noticed they are now allowing people to purchase Accessible Tickets such as Wheel Chair/Limited Mobility/Semi-Ambulant from the get-go without going through the e-mail request process. In any event best to leave those seats until right before the concert or when it sells out which ever comes first.

Carol-Lynn

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

If these tickets are available on Ticketmaster for sale to the general public, then someone's gonna grab them especially if they are good seats. They won't be on there very long if they are selling for face value.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    That may or may not be true. You can buy them but from the extensive research that I did on the net, most said don't buy them. You could run into trouble this early in the game. Most said if it's the week before the concert, then you're right-fair game. Most said it was just bad form.

I noticed they are now allowing people to purchase Accessible Tickets such as Wheel Chair/Limited Mobility/Semi-Ambulant from the get-go without going through the e-mail request process. In any event best to leave those seats until right before the concert or when it sells out which ever comes first.

Carol-Lynn
    At one venue a couple years ago, they were likewise selling disabled seating and my friend and I bought two. We were never asked to show any documentation or challenged because we weren't in wheelchairs. I see why you wouldn't want to take the risk if your research advised against it. I think I would buy it, but that's just me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

When they are released to the general public, they take the 'accessible' tag off. If this was open to anyone with no restrictions or warnings, then Ticketmaster once again made a mistake, something they do pretty often.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    When they are released to the general public, they take the 'accessible' tag off. If this was open to anyone with no restrictions or warnings, then Ticketmaster once again made a mistake, something they do pretty often.
    The tag was there-said the section then WC (e.g. DWC -meaning section D Wheel Chair) and you had to specifically select WheelChair seating from the pull-down menu to view those seats. They didn't show up on the general search for best seats. Sorry if I mislead anyone. My research indicated that the actual ticket would say WheelChair on it.

Carol-Lynn